Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 5 month old dobie and she is getting this raised bumps on her legs. (or dog elbow) I was told by a friend who has her sister that it was allergies and to try swithching her food and giving her benyldryl. Also to be mindful of infection because her sisters dry skin became infected also. The look like warts but just on her doggie elbows. A few other pups I seen have the same thing. Is it something that will clear up or should I be worried. Also on top of her head she has 2 thin spots of hair on her head. I have noticed it got worse once I changed her food and now I have changed again to see if it will clear up. I will have picture to show soon.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Ryan, I've never seen what you're describing and I've had a lot of dogs in my lifetime. Doberman puppies will often have staff infections till their immune system matures somewhat. Staff that keeps coming back after treament is a sign of allergies, food, enviromental or both. Have you taken your pup to the vet? You really need to let a vet look at her as we can only guess what you're talking about. You could try putting the pup on a chicken, beef and grainfree diet, these are common allergens, to see if she improves. Watch her to see if she clears up and, if not, try adding the PLAIN benadryl, 1 pill per 25 lbs bodyweight 2 to 3 times a day, which is for enviromental allergies. If it is allergies, she should also be itching, scratching and licking her paws. Plus she could have different allergens than the common, like fish or lamb. An easy way to check would be to try her on single protein diets if my first suggestion doesnt work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts