·
Registered
465 Posts
Congrats!!!

Reactions: Gretchen_Red

·
Super Moderator
22,193 Posts
Congratulations! Such a fantastic accomplishment.

·
joie de vivre
11,294 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Big congrats!! 🎉🍾

·
Registered
25 Posts
She was also declared pronounced in protection (meaning she displayed a strong defense and propensity to stop the decoy). This is probably one of my proudest accomplishments. That and getting an 85 in tracking.

Kya IGP I protection 052921 by Karen Miller, on Flickr

Kya IGP I obedience 052921 by Karen Miller, on Flickr

Kya IGP I tracking 052921 by Karen Miller, on Flickr
Congrats! This is such an accomplishment!

Do you have any advice to a novice IGP entrant? What's the best way to get started - particularly if you don't have a IGP club close by? I'm definitely committed to driving a couple hours to find a club. However, to the extent you have some advice based on your impressive recent accomplishment, I'd certainly welcome it.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know there's an excellent UDC club in NY, If I lived up there I would train with John Soares as much as humanly possible! All dogs are different but I'm constantly doing things to boost my dog's confidence. Everything we do is fun and exciting even obedience. I want my dog to push ME to work. And tracking is difficult so start it now and do it at least 3x a week when it's nice enough to do so.

·
sandy2233
2,478 Posts
Congrats! This is such an accomplishment!

Do you have any advice to a novice IGP entrant? What's the best way to get started - particularly if you don't have a IGP club close by? I'm definitely committed to driving a couple hours to find a club. However, to the extent you have some advice based on your impressive recent accomplishment, I'd certainly welcome it.
[/QUOT
I traveled from Wyoming to Jacksonville, Arkansas to attend one of John Soares seminars. And he is very good with what he does. But I wouldn't waste my money on a working spot if you are a novice exhibitor. "Audit" his seminar. He humiliated me when he told the group he didn't get paid enough to work with novices. So take this for what it is. Traveled 1400 miles and we left Wyoming in a blizzard
to spend 20 minutes on the field with him. Take it from a novice, audit your workshops. I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
That's odd, I took a seminar with him when I was super novice, had not really done tracking and only a little bit of protection. Mav was just a small puppy and he was very helpful, esp. with tracking but I guess everyone has different experiences, sorry yours wasn't great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts