Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gracie has been trying to share her food with me. The other night I was sitting on the couch. She got a mouth full of food and put it in my lap and tried to push it closer to me. Then yesterday before I went into work I fed her and she did the same thing. Why is she doing this? Does she view me as someone she has to protect, food wise and every other way possible?

This morning I was sleeping and hubby let Gracie on the bed with me. She will stay in her spot but as soon as she hears his car leave she gets up and lays closer to me. And she never fully sleeps because she keeps waking up at every noise she hears. I laid in bed for about 20 minutes just watching her do this. Does she veiw me as weak or one of "her" babies? I am just trying to understand it all. :) It is kind of cute though.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww that is so cute! I don't know why...so I can't give you an answer...but make sure you call gracie if your not going to be home when you said you were! lol awww

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
You mean Gracie doesnt have her OWN cell phone yet???? GOSH! Tell her to come and stay with me, We will get her a cell phone!!! :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
Gracie has been trying to share her food with me. The other night I was sitting on the couch. She got a mouth full of food and put it in my lap and tried to push it closer to me. Then yesterday before I went into work I fed her and she did the same thing. Why is she doing this? Does she view me as someone she has to protect, food wise and every other way possible?

This morning I was sleeping and hubby let Gracie on the bed with me. She will stay in her spot but as soon as she hears his car leave she gets up and lays closer to me. And she never fully sleeps because she keeps waking up at every noise she hears. I laid in bed for about 20 minutes just watching her do this. Does she veiw me as weak or one of "her" babies? I am just trying to understand it all. :) It is kind of cute though.
That is cute, I think she is showing her love and affection towards you. Letting you know that she doesn't mind sharing with you and she may also be protecting you (which is her job). Princess does this with all of her bones, she will bring them to me and drop them on my lap, it gets kind of sticky and nasty sometimes.........lol

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MrDesi said:
That is cute, I think she is showing her love and affection towards you. Letting you know that she doesn't mind sharing with you and she may also be protecting you (which is her job). Princess does this with all of her bones, she will bring them to me and drop them on my lap, it gets kind of sticky and nasty sometimes.........lol
Gracie will do that will her bones too. She will drop them in my lap and keep pushing them towards me until I have my hand on them. Then she will go lay down or get a new toy. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BackInBlack said:
You mean Gracie doesnt have her OWN cell phone yet???? GOSH! Tell her to come and stay with me, We will get her a cell phone!!! :)
Not yet she doesn't. Could you just imagine the phone bill? Calling all the doberboys and dobergirls to talk trash about the doberboys. Her minutes will be over by a lot if she had one. I will try to get her one when she grows up a little more and becomes more matrue and responsible. :D

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Man...I don't think Duchess loves me enough lol jk. :) The only thing I can think that she does like that is when we come home she gets so happy then runs away and comes trotting back with one of our socks in her mouth. She also likes to stare long and deep into our eyes and give a few nice calm suttle kisses. But she doesnt try taking care of me like all your guys dobes do :( lol :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts