Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently figured out there's a large, fenced field about six blocks from my house. It's at an elementary school, but it's not used for anything. It's basically fenced to keep the kids away from the culverts that run under the street. Totally fenced, but not locked, and they mow and maintain it. I've decided it's my own private dog park and I take the dogs over a few times a week to run and play with the Chuck-it. I took them yesterday over my lunch break (another perk of working 8 blocks from home!).

Shanoa has some SERIOUS ball drive:

NFg_Baqgrz4

Simon practiced his recall:

4C9Ve-AXDYo

The post-fetch ride home:

n88UrlQR12M

And the cool down at home:

SMKtKqNmg1Y

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's my dream to have a huge fenced in yard the size of that field :)

Simon's recall was great. Do you always just whistle?

Yeah, me too! I'd love to have that much space. My yard is a good size, but not like that!

I either whistle or call their name for recall. He's actually doing pretty good with it. The only time we have an issue is if he's sniffing something super interesting, because then his ears don't work :) Normally he comes charging back for his reward.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Shanoa looks so happy and excited about playing fetch! Prime cools down the same way!

Simon seems to be tracking intensely!

Thanks for sharing the vids! I always enjoy videos of the DT dogs since we don't get to see them in person.

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shanoa looks so happy and excited about playing fetch! Prime cools down the same way!

Simon seems to be tracking intensely!

Thanks for sharing the vids! I always enjoy videos of the DT dogs since we don't get to see them in person.
Fetch is her second favorite thing in the world, next to the flirt pole.

Simon's nose is CONSTANTLY to the ground. Once I learn a little bit in my Nosework class with Shanoa I will probably play around with it for him at home. I've also bought bottled "scent" (things like duck scent that are used to train hunting dogs) and just made paths around the yard with it for him to smell and track.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Fetch is her second favorite thing in the world, next to the flirt pole.

Simon's nose is CONSTANTLY to the ground. Once I learn a little bit in my Nosework class with Shanoa I will probably play around with it for him at home. I've also bought bottled "scent" (things like duck scent that are used to train hunting dogs) and just made paths around the yard with it for him to smell and track.
Stella always has her nose to the ground too. I've debated doing nosework with her so you will have to share your experiences :)

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
VERY envious! It seems all the nice and big fenced in areas around here have a very specific, "NO DOGS ALLOWED" sign plastered all over them. Big meanies! :mad:

Reactions: MeadowCat

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love it. I drive a truck sometimes for a living, and I always scope out school yards, tracks, etc to stop for some off leash fun for the dogs. My dogs have several hundred acres to roam at their will when we're home, so they get bored pretty easily when leashed walking/running when we travel. They've probably hiked a more diverse bunch of trails than many dogs, but they never really stop and take in the scenery, so off leash time is almost a must...

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stella always has her nose to the ground too. I've debated doing nosework with her so you will have to share your experiences :)
I will! I haven't been this excited for something with Shanoa in a long time.

Reactions: RottenVonSpotten
1 - 13 of 13 Posts