Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:emo10:Hello all, I need some suggestions or advice. My 4 1/2 month old dobe Viktor sometimes had these little head shake tremors. I have only seen it a few times, maybe three in the last few months or so, but I find myself looking for it, and I saw it again tonight while posting his ears. It feels like a tremor runs through his body, and his little head shakes. He does not seem to be in pain, I usually talk to him, give him a treat and it goes away within minutes. What is this?? What could it be?? I cannot find anything on line, and I was told it could be wobblers, but what I have read on wobblers, it seems it is in older dogs, and serious. Anyone experience this and give me some ideas on what it could be? Should I be really worried about it? :confused:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sounds like a head tremor. My pup had them too. I quick cookie fixed it to distract him. He had them between three and nine months old. And hasn't had one since. A few proe on her can maybe give more insight. Head tremors or Doberman head bobbing. More scary to us then the dog.

Reactions: Beverly1607

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! I feel better already looking at the links you sent me. He is totally alert, so I hope he just grows out of it. Thank you! :dancing_b

·
Registered
262 Posts
Willy has had IHT for about 5 years. It is off and on kind of thing. Episodes never last
more than a couple of minutes. Sometimes he will have 2 episodes in a week and then
go for 6 months without one. Just talk to him in a calm voice and as mentioned before,
give him a treat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts