Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
WHAT A D*MBASS!!! Actually Tracy, I can't believe she told you that, the reason she needs more distemper shots is REALLY because she doesn't have cropped ears, DUH. Your "black and tan" needs more vaccine to protect the ears...... I can't believe she didn't know that???

All kidding aside, I have never heard of that? I do know that the shots go up to a certain age, I want to say 4 months, but it's been so long since this stuff was common knowledge to me. So if they are started at the right age, they should only need 3, however like in Lexy's case, her breeder starts them a little earlier, so she need 4 shots to hit four months.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'd think the 14 week one should have been her last as it is close to 16 weeks, but at the VERY most one at 18 weeks tops!! (being a month after her last shot) Did she say you'd need another after that one, too!?

I'd call and ask to speak directly to a tech, if not the vet himself and get to the root of this. Maybe this "receptionist" isn't really a knowledgeable as she thinks she is (big surprise there!! black and tan.. geez) or she's just misreading Chi's history all together.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hummm, that's news to me, but definetaly anything to keep our kids safe and healthy! That would explain why Lexy's breeder did as many distemper shots as he did. I though it was overboard, but like I said it's been years and years since I was a tech, and things definetly get discovered and change all the time. And he had a lot more experience with dobes than me. So the one at 18 months will be the 4th right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.