Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 9 week old dobermann puppy and we have him outside now but everytime we go to bed or anything he will bark scratch and whine and wont stop am i doing the right thing ? any help would be much appretiated

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just commented on your other post, sorry I didn't see this one. We are going to need a lot more info in order to give you advice. Where does your puppy sleep at night? Is he/she crate trained? How long have you had the pup? What are you currently doing as a bedtime ritual?
I would love to see some pics of your pup.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Get a crate and put it next to your bed, place dog in crate.

Then do alot more reading about crate training, Dobermans, and rearing a puppy......

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I hope you are not saying you are leaving the puppy outside. Of course it is scared - it is a baby and knows it is not safe outside alone at night. You are creating exactly what you do not want to by throwing the puppy in over its head so to speak.

A puppy needs to be crated inside at night or confined in a small area where it cay come out of the crate and potty if you are not going to get up and take it out.

Please do some research and learn about this breed - they are not a breed to be left outside - they are an inside breed. If you chose the wrong breed for your lifestyle contact your breeder and take the puppy back. If you choose to keep the puppy then get help from your breeder on how to properly raise a doberman puppy.

Good luck and hope this does not sound harsh but it is true.

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Yes, whining is relatively expected because they are little (think about it, they are 9 weeks old! If you mom ran away when you were that little, wouldn't you be scared?). Her whining is calling you for some attention and love. It is her saying: Um, hello? Please don't forget about me! I want to cuddle! I love you!!! Dobes need A LOT of attention, but yes I ask the same question, is she outside your house?? Dobes are indoor dogs!! They need a nice crate, (or a place to call their own) so they can feel safe, secure, and cozy! Please answer with some more info and we will do our best to help!!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Maybe jase_1987 hasn't got the appropiate answer and impossible quick fix...thus far !!
- this threat makes my blood boil / because asking a question and NO apparent effort...to report back
SURE AS HELL HOPE, the dobe is NOT OUTSIDE all night...I hope I am wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts