Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple other people from Ontario here. I was hoping you guys could tell me who your breeders are so I could begin taking a look around. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
A good place to start would be going to some dog shows. I really like this site for information on upcoming shows...very user friendly. [email protected] If you can talk to a few breeders, meet their dogs and start getting a feel for what you like. Also, check out the DPCA website for lot's of good info. on what to look for, ask, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
http://www.gatehousedobermanns.com/
Maura is not my breeder but she is reputable and has earned respect in the dobe world and is accessible to her puppy owners after the cheque is cashed not like some deadbeats. Maura and her husband work with their dogs in various venues and have all testing done on a continuous basis and if I was to get another doberman I would consider her. From what I have heard she is moving in her own direction. She has a euro line but has an interesting combo bred now and the puppies are due mid March.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Okie-dobie said:
A good place to start would be going to some dog shows. I really like this site for information on upcoming shows...very user friendly. [email protected] If you can talk to a few breeders, meet their dogs and start getting a feel for what you like. Also, check out the DPCA website for lot's of good info. on what to look for, ask, etc. Good luck!
Oh my god, I found all breed shows that are actually happening in MY little town!! This is amazing. Thankyou so much Okie. :D

waiting said:
http://www.gatehousedobermanns.com/
Maura is not my breeder but she is reputable and has earned respect in the dobe world and is accessible to her puppy owners after the cheque is cashed not like some deadbeats. Maura and her husband work with their dogs in various venues and have all testing done on a continuous basis and if I was to get another doberman I would consider her. From what I have heard she is totally on her own now. She doesn't have the influence of another breeder in Ontario anymore, her choice, and a good thing in my humble opinion She has a euro line but has an interesting combo bred now and the puppies are due mid March.
I've visited their site a number of times, taken a look around, but never truly considered them. Maybe I'll take a more in depth look now.. Thanks!

MaryAndDobes said:
I just thought I'd mention that the Ontario Doberman Rescue website is here
http://members.execulink.com/~korevaar/RescueDobes.htm

Maybe you'd see a possible new friend there. (note, I believe that there was a home visit going on for King yesterday so not sure if he's available any longer)
I've considered rescuing a dobe but this is going to be my first dobe and before I take on the responsibility and (maybe) issues of a rescue, I need to explore the breed myself. I know one day there's a very good chance I'll rescue though. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts