Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Ive had 5 Dobermans over the past 20 years...happened to get extremely lucky on my last male who is now 11 from Ray Carlise (CaraDobe) just by chance. I now need a new Red Male pup from a reputable breeder as a family/protection dog, not for show. Im originally from NY but recently moved to South Carolina and am looking for some feedback on the reputable breeders in the surrounding states. Thinking about Shady Glenn Doberman Kennels in Dublin, GA. Any info or leads would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
i'd go back to Ray if you were so pleased with one of his dogs. let him know what you're looking for. if he can't provide what you need, ask his recommendations.

Reactions: SieYa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re: caradobes

Ray was my first phone call! I would love another caradobe but unfortunetly he does not breed much anymore, and hasnt gotten back to me yet. Was hoping for someone within the 500 mile radius of where i live now in South Carolina.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Adamas has a litter on the ground now, not sure if they are all already spoken for or not, do know there is a red male.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Treasure Seeker is in North Carolina, they breed for working sport and show to my understanding.

They just announced a breeding an the litter should be confirmed by now (ultrasound was scheduled for July 1st)

They seem to health test pretty fully at a first glance on their site. I do not have any personal experience with them but I think I have seen one or two members with dogs from them, maybe someone else could step in and testify? And of course you need to do your due diligence and ask questions about testing and temperament.

Reactions: Cathy43

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The bitch, Penny, from Treasure Seeker is red so a red male is possible. I know Leslie personally and would recommend her.

·
Super Moderator
21,503 Posts
to all that posted info about pups.i picked up my new pup on wed.black male he is a cara pup.now the fun begins.thanks again mike.
What? No pictures? :lol2:

Congrats on the new pup!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congrats, I personally have a special place in my heart for the blk/tan males. WOuld love to see pictures!

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
iam old school my phone does not take pictures .mike
Right there with ya, thought I might be the last one :p

I have a sorta crappy digital camera and have a whole inelegant cumbersome process to transfer to computer, upload to photo-hosting site and then post here.

We still wish we could see your puppy ;)

Reactions: Cressrb

·
Extraordimary
4,937 Posts
Right there with ya, thought I might be the last one :p
Me, too. Sorta. My dinosaur flip phone takes pictures, but I don't care. I have a camera to take pictures. I just need a cell for emergencies, and I don't care about all the gadgets and doo-dads and I'm not going to pay a few hundred dollars every few months for the latest fad in phones. My cell phone is only turned on if I'm actively using it to call someone. I don't need people to call me every minute and they don't need to know where I am. They can wait until I get home to my answering machine. That's right - answering machine! I don't need to talk to people on the phone while I'm in grocery stores and from the dentist chair, etc and I don't need to take pictures of the meal I'm about to eat at a restaurant. If I do take a picture with my cell phone, I have no idea what to do with it - it's just on my cell phone.

End rant.

·
Super Moderator
21,503 Posts
Me, too. Sorta. My dinosaur flip phone takes pictures, but I don't care. I have a camera to take pictures. I just need a cell for emergencies, and I don't care about all the gadgets and doo-dads and I'm not going to pay a few hundred dollars every few months for the latest fad in phones. My cell phone is only turned on if I'm actively using it to call someone. I don't need people to call me every minute and they don't need to know where I am. They can wait until I get home to my answering machine. That's right - answering machine! I don't need to talk to people on the phone while I'm in grocery stores and from the dentist chair, etc and I don't need to take pictures of the meal I'm about to eat at a restaurant. If I do take a picture with my cell phone, I have no idea what to do with it - it's just on my cell phone.

End rant.
Me too! I just tell people I don't have a cell phone, because they can't quite grasp that, LOL.

But I do have a pretty nice camera for pics, because I can't help taking lots and lots of pictures of my dog! :roflmao:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts