Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Northern Virginia area and seeking a reputable breeder. I recently put a deposit on a puppy and in continuing to research the breeder I stumbled across this site which had negative remarks regarding the breeder and ultimately advising not to utilize particular breeder. So, I am seeking recommendations from individuals who have personal experience with a good breeder. I have looked on the DPCA site as well but would like to hear from the community.
I am seeking a male puppy not needed for show. Just a healthy family dog.

·
Big Lil pup
6,235 Posts
Hi Bekah! Welcome from the Pacific NW...

I can't help you with a breeder as I live on the other side of the country. However, I commend your efforts to find a good and reputable breeder for your new Dobe puppy. You ultimately be very happy that you went in this direction.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
joie de vivre
11,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

BellaCane and Jeseran Dobermans are both in Virginia. Both are reputable breeders who health test and title and I think both would be worth contacting and talking to. I haven't personally had a dog from either breeder but I've chatted with Melinda Moyer of BellaCane over the years and she's very nice.

Wait lists are a little long right now though, so you should probably be prepared to have to wait a while for a puppy. It's not uncommon to have to wait 6-months to a year for a pup from a good breeder, and good breeders have been swamped by hopeful puppy homes during the pandemic. A lot of people are at home right now and decided it's a good time for a puppy.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Desta/Tonya Adamson is in the Richmond area. I don't believe she has any puppies currently but she shows and health tests.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I would research them further. I do not know them, but others have dug into their program and found it wanting.

(Do a search on this forum, they've been brought up a bit.)

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

BellaCane and Jeseran Dobermans are both in Virginia. Both are reputable breeders who health test and title and I think both would be worth contacting and talking to. I haven't personally had a dog from either breeder but I've chatted with Melinda Moyer of BellaCane over the years and she's very nice.

Wait lists are a little long right now though, so you should probably be prepared to have to wait a while for a puppy. It's not uncommon to have to wait 6-months to a year for a pup from a good breeder, and good breeders have been swamped by hopeful puppy homes during the pandemic. A lot of people are at home right now and decided it's a good time for a puppy.
I am in the Northern Virginia area and seeking a reputable breeder. I recently put a deposit on a puppy and in continuing to research the breeder I stumbled across this site which had negative remarks regarding the breeder and ultimately advising not to utilize particular breeder. So, I am seeking recommendations from individuals who have personal experience with a good breeder. I have looked on the DPCA site as well but would like to hear from the community.
I am seeking a male puppy not needed for show. Just a healthy family dog.
It looks like you're just needing a healthy American Doberman. Just FYI, when your looking at breeders, if you see AKC on their website, they breed American Dobermanns. Also if you see "Doberman Pinscher" that will be American as well. Superior non-imported European Doberman breeders will most certainly never advertise that way. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a Euro. Based on your question. Just a bit of info since your looking for breeder info...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts