Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for everyone. I'm looking into getting a "Secret Power" collar from here: Secret Power

Should I go for 8 or 10 prong? And then another question, should I go for 2.3mm or 3.2mm?

I'm thinking the 2.3mm will give me a more precise correction but wanted to get everyone elses feedback.

Does anyone else have one of these collars?

Thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have one and LOVE it! Since I'm at a lot of dogs shows where prongs are frowned upon, it's a necessity for my strong, wants to say hi to everybody boy. The woman actually had a booth set up at a show when I got mine, so I tried on a few. I decided on getting the larger collar, which just fit better on my boy. I'm not sure on the gauge (?) of the links, though, but I think they're bigger. You can also get a short handle that attaches to the collar since the actual hanging piece on the collar is reasonably long. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
609 Posts
WOW never seen a designer prong collar lol.

I use the smallest available. I prefer the smaller links due to the far there are more in any given length that the large prongs. Thus spreading the correction over a larger area. Thats jus me though. I will say I hate the huge link prong collars. Though yours will be covered. I say 2.3 and 10 links you will rather have to many than not enough. I have the 10 link and if my boy get any bigger he will not fit. He is on the smaller side as well.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just measured Dodge's neck and it is between 17 and 18" (closer to 17") right behind his ears and jawline.

·
APS SGT
1,427 Posts
I LOVE these collars!! For me their biggest appeal is safety. There is no way for the prongs to come apart or a scissor snap to come undone. I have a ten prong 2.3 for my male Dobe and my Am Staff. My female Dobe has an eight prong 2.3 but she is petite. They also are very attractive when in use. You will love it if you buy it. :)
Kay (the owner) used to be a member of the Tucson Doberman Pinscher Club and we were all saddened to hear that her service Doberman, Lola passed away recently. RIP Lola.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
wow I like the looks of these! I might just have to save my pennies and get them for the girls!

·
Registered
793 Posts
we have an eight prong and love it. Its made very well and its made all the difference in getting our pup not to pull on on our walks. I called Kay and gave her our girls neck measurements and she sent the perfect size for our pup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts