Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Looking for our fur baby
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My husband and I live in an area where dobermans are not prevalent, therefore a reputable breeder is not either, we're not letting that get us down though! We are looking for a high quality breeder (heard wonderful things about FireFox) that would assist us in our journey of a Dobe in our family! The trouble is, the more I read on here, the more I find that we live on the wrong coast to reap such benefits that you North West folks have with breeders, pups and relationships with your breeder!

If anyone knows of a comparable breeder in our neck of the woods (NH ... or all of New England) or any descendants of a FireFox pup that has made its way East, or even a story of traveling the distance (really clear across the country for me) for a dobe- Please share!!!

Thank you all so much!

Kait

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to email Firefox and ask about her dogs and/or any breeding recommendations that she may have in the area. If I was looking for a puppy in your area I'd be looking into Kettle Cove (MA) and Tiburon (CT). I haven't looked into them much lately so I'm not sure if any of their practices have changed but both of those breeders were high on my list when I was searching for a puppy in the past.

·
Got mutt?
13,764 Posts
Reactions: falnfenix

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
As someone else mentioned, Kettle Cove and Tiburon are located one state over from you. I'm not familiar with their breeding practices, but there are owners of dogs from both breeders on this board. If you do a search I bet you can find some threads.

As for stories...I have a house full of Foxfire dogs. They were flown to me from OR to TX. Not sure how much shipping she does these days due to the regulation change for breeders. Any particular reason why even a Foxfire descendant will do? I like to advise people to get a puppy from a breeder they have interacted with. Sometimes a breeder and a potential buyer don't always click and it's important to have a good relationship with your breeder.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts