Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking on the street with Elza and saw the lady who's around 60s stepped out of the door. As usual, I said to Elza, "Stop Elza. Stay" in my low key.
The lady noticed us and told me "How Scary!" I wasn't happy to hear that so responded lilke she's very friendly and no aggressive at all.
Then the lady said "No, no, not about a dog, but YOU! Sorry to say this rudeness but a woman with a big dog makes me scary."

What!!??
A doberman is not scary but I AM scary to that lady. What a day!

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
I always say,

"It isn't the dog you need to watch out for, but the woman that owns it".
I'm still trying to work out what to put on a tshirt that overall expresses that sentiment. "My dog isn't mean but I am"? "Pay no mind to the Doberman, but to the other end of the leash"? The possibilities are endless! :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always say,

"It isn't the dog you need to watch out for, but the woman that owns it".
I'm still trying to work out what to put on a tshirt that overall expresses that sentiment. "My dog isn't mean but I am"? "Pay no mind to the Doberman, but to the other end of the leash"? The possibilities are endless! :roflmao:
Toby'shuman, exactly! Her comment was surprised but I didn't hate it so much.

Dobermans were popular among Yakuza (mafia) 2 or 3 decades ago because of Doberman Gang movie. Now they like chihuahua though:D
Still some people think Doberman owner might be either mafia/mafia girl or rich. I'm out of these criteria:lol2:

Yeah, this statement on the T-shirt should be interesting!! Selling at CafePress?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha that makes me giggle. I can understand finding somebody with a dog like a doberman scary.
Maybe why my friend was reported to the animal control. She has two dobermans and two labs. She sometimes walks her all 4 dogs on the street, wow!

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Toby'shuman, exactly! Her comment was surprised but I didn't hate it so much.

Dobermans were popular among Yakuza (mafia) 2 or 3 decades ago because of Doberman Gang movie. Now they like chihuahua though:D
Still some people think Doberman owner might be either mafia/mafia girl or rich. I'm out of these criteria:lol2:

Yeah, this statement on the T-shirt should be interesting!! Selling at CafePress?
See, I never considered that the Yakuza would've picked up on the breed. That makes some degree of sense.

Yakuza with Chihuahuas do not, however. :roflmao:

CafePress or Zazzle; I haven't had any CafePress sales anyway so was thinking of switching. I'll let you know!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would personally take that as a compliment! I don't like or want strangers to approach me(you never know people's motives and these days people don't value other's lives for anything). Thanks to Prime, people generally leave us alone :)
Good job, Prime!
At night time Elza is a good guard too. The "hood" kids scare US, again, including me:D

From a distance Elza can be looked scary, a typical doberman style. However when people approach and look at her, they say "How cute! Bambi eyes!!".
Well, in a sense it is a compliment. Elza acts as a "Doberman promotion committee chairperson" I named and appointed her:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts