Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got email from my sister last ngiht with actual email form this girls father.... but copied this from internet paper here.....this is like 2 miles from my house..i have 5 kids so makes u shocked that this can happen in such a small town......we sat the kids down last night and had a long talk about ti. One of the times im grateful to have my Dobie.

12 year old from Dublin Middle School may have been the target of a possible child predator last week, and police are asking the public for tips.
The Dublin child said she was approached by a stranger in front of her home while she was checking the mail. She reported that she was startled when a car crossed the road from the wrong direction and pulled right up to her. The driver rolled his window down only to his chin and attempted to lure her into the back seat of the car by asking her to go with him to help look for his lost beagle puppy.

According to a family member, the girl thought quickly and told the stranger that her mom was home and then she immediately ran into her house. She described the car as a mid-sized, dark colored, or black four-door sedan with very dark tinted windows. The driver is described as Caucasian, wearing a toboggan and dark sunglasses. She said that he also had a mustache that appeared to possibly be fake.

School officials have been notified and alerted bus drivers and parents to closely watch their surroundings. One parent commented, "It is terrifying as a parent to know that this could happen to us in such a rural area. I know it happens a lot in bigger cities but you just never expect it to happen here in our little town of Dublin. I agree with many that we now have to think twice before even sending our kids out to check the mail. Something that is so simple but can be life threatening in today's world. It is a shame, but a reality."

A report has been filed with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff Jim Davis urges anyone with information concerning this incident to contact their department by calling 980-7800 or 980-7810. Persons may also email [email protected]. All tips may remain anonymous.

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 11 January 2006 )

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh how scary! I am so glad that you talked to your children.. but keep talking and talking to them! When I was in sixth grade, I had a man follow me to school everyday for 2 weeks, even though I would change the way I walked. well, one morning as I was crossing the street, he drove right in my path and opened the car dog and tried to grab me.. Thank the good Lord above I am loud, I screamed and ran to the first house I could see and pounded on the door. i told the lady who answered what happened and her husband took out after the car. This was not the last time someone tried to grab me.. A man tried to grab me right outside my house when I was 13 also..
So Please tell you children to be carefull!!! and never trust a stranger!!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
okay...that is when the whole bad view of a doberman comes in handy! I would take my dobe to the mail box like I think tracyJos or gracies mom does!!!! Keep safe!

·
Registered
421 Posts
People are just sick!

Have you ever looked at one of these? Really creeps me out.
http://www10.familywatchdog.us/
There are seventeen on my map and I live in the middle of nowere. Three of them are for rape and two are less than a mile from me.

I've always had byron go to the box with me,well not actually to the box but he has to sit at a certain point in the driveway,but he can be seen!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Every parent's greatest fear. Looking for the little lost puppy, you hear that story over and over again!

Joce that link, how amazing is that! This is where we are so far behind other countries. The only way you hear about a sex offender moving into your area here, is by media reports. Quite often, the victims only hear about their release from prison is from the media. We've got such a long way to go..

I'm no longer working full time, so for the first time in my adult life I've had a chance to spend more time at home....alone. Jeddah doesn't leave my side and I feel perfectly safe with her around. I didn't get this same feeling with my Rotti.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is an awesome site...theres one only 1 mile form our house on there! scary indeed. theres one right beside a school i mean his house and the school r like almost on top of each other....sick ppl indeed. thanks for the link! ill b sure to forward it onto my family and friends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts