Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on scales ? Pre-damnemic - We would make a trip over to the Vets office to check weights - nice little trip to get everybody out and about .

Them days are long gone- So been looking at scales to buy - They range from 98 to over 300 , Chewy's has one for 98 that don't look to bad for the price - but need them to be accurate .

Thanks

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Someone on DT or CT bought a bonefide small animal scale (the kind you see in the front reception in vet clinics--don't remember who it was but they quoted a price that was between 100 and 200 dollars that was made by the company that makes commercial scales after his baby puppy got so big and wiggled so much he could no longer use the hold the puppy in your arms and you yourself and the puppy on the household scales and the weigh yourself and subtract your weight (the tare if you want to get stuck in what things are called) from the joint weight and you have puppy weight.

And I don't know if feed and seed stores have scales routinely any more but they used to because that's were my friend (the one who introduced me to purebred dogs and dog shows) used to take her Danes to weigh them.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
I only have a tiny scale for puppies, and would have to dig it out to see what kind it is. Your girl would be too big for it now anyways.

Reactions: LadyDi and ECIN

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,881 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks SD ! And thanks for the phone call today ! There ordered and on there way .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts