Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My granddog--9 year old Zeus (doberman) is being taken to the vet as I write this. He has vomited blood. Gums are normal color and other than not eating this morning he is acting ok.
Zeus is my daughter and son-in-laws dog. We see him all the time and of course are very attached.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
you sure have my thoughts and prayer for the poor bunny. I know all the good vibes sent from DT sure have helped my Pollo this week. Keep us posted. I know how scare it is.

cc

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some good news and some uncertain news. Lymph nodes on neck are enlarged. Fluid was taken and sent off for a diagnosis. The vet was hopeful because there was more oil showing on the slide. Not sure exactly what that means. Some blood in the stools. Dehydrated a little. Anemic slightly. He has not vomited again. Abdominal x-ray showed no masses, but did show some gas.
Zeus did start eating at the vets (a special dog food) He was sent home with meds, special dog food and my daughter can offer him boiled hamb & rice.
More results will be coming on Tues. I am hoping it is not cancer. Anyway it seems like the forum has been doing a lot of prayers lately, please continue.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
take all the good news you can get and run with it AHP. they were right in bringing him in right away. earlier is always better.

AS I said before, in my many converations with God this week, I learned he as a soft spot for Dobies.

cc

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Oh my goodness!!! I do hope everything turns out well for Zeus. So glad he was sent home & is feeling a bit better. We will definately be thinking of you & your family. Please keep us informed on his condition.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Sending good thoughts and hoping everything comes out fine.

Reactions: alwayshadpets

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Oh goodness. I've been so caught up with my own mess that I missed this completely. I'll say a special prayer for Zeus. I'm so glad you've got some hopefull news. What is it with the sicky dobies the past couple weeks?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Zeus has been eating his special food and loves it. No vomiting since Sat. He is a little lethargic but plays some with the kids. A new pillow and woobies came from Foster so he is happy with that. His urine is a little dark still but he was dehydrated some. So we are hopeful and will eagerly await the results. He is on pepcid and caratate. Another medicine is in the wings depending on the results.
So I do thank all of you again for your prayers. Maybe God will wait awhile and let this beautiful boy stay with his family for many more happy healthy days.:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts