Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 214 Posts

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
And I had every intention of rescuing me but I came across this litter and everything fit it was a perfect match and unless you can find some way to make a positive comment don't make one both parents are also certified to do search and rescue
Did you actually just...forbid me...to speak freely on your thread?

You know, I started to post the "ROFLMAO" emoticon, following that query, but I just simply can't find anything funny at all, about any of your threads.

Your horses are ridden too young, and inexpertly and abusively. Your dog doesn't receive proper medical attention in time--it's a 90 minutes' drive and you needed an internet forum to push you to go, after days and days of horrible lethargy?

Alice died.

Haze is not acting right, and you argued about the care on him, too.

Then you went on and on about adopting, right after Alice died.

People took note, you know. These things are out on the internet.

And now, you--yet again--have supported another BYB.

You know, at this point, I'm not sure I can even care whether you've learned any ethics here about choosing a breeder--I just want to see evidence you've learned how to treat the animals in your care better.

I'm sorry I can't go all My Little Pony on your name-the-BYB-puppy thread. I just can't.

Believe it or not, I've exercised great restraint, mostly for the sake of your animals, in what I've really been thinking, about your record with animal care.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
So, DT, are we actually celebrating someone purchasing, yet again, from another BYB?

TXDobe, correct me if I'm wrong--name your breeder and show us the facts.

Also, I thought your plans were to support Doberman rescue, and adopt this time around?

How's Haze doing, on his medication?

Did you speak with a behaviorist about integrating the new pup, given how ill you say Haze has been lately?

Bold, mine.

Could not agree more.

I always think it makes people look super ignorant, when they make remarks like that. Just like the idiots who think any colorpoint cat, no matter the size, head shape, structure, or coat texture and length, is a freakin' "Siamese" cat.
Did you actually just...forbid me...to speak freely on your thread?

You know, I started to post the "ROFLMAO" emoticon, following that query, but I just simply can't find anything funny at all, about any of your threads.

Your horses are ridden too young, and inexpertly and abusively. Your dog doesn't receive proper medical attention in time--it's a 90 minutes' drive and you needed an internet forum to push you to go, after days and days of horrible lethargy?

Alice died.

Haze is not acting right, and you argued about the care on him, too.

Then you went on and on about adopting, right after Alice died.

People took note, you know. These things are out on the internet.

And now, you--yet again--have supported another BYB.

You know, at this point, I'm not sure I can even care whether you've learned any ethics here about choosing a breeder--I just want to see evidence you've learned how to treat the animals in your care better.

I'm sorry I can't go all My Little Pony on your name-the-BYB-puppy thread. I just can't.

Believe it or not, I've exercised great restraint, mostly for the sake of your animals, in what I've really been thinking, about your record with animal care.
Ive been trying.to.figure out how to exoress my opinion on this whole ordeal and now i dont have to. I couldnt agree more. All the points I wanted to make are in here. You were askig me about Rhapsody so I thought you knew what a reputable breeder was. This puppy is cute, all puppies are cute, SAR titles does not make a dog breedig quality

The My Little Pony reference is my favorite.

Edit: One more thing, because it bugs me everytime I see it... a void or empty space is HOLE, no "w." Whole with a "w" donates an amount of something, an entire something.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have to agree with RFR. I'm pretty baffled that you chose to support a BYB again, especially after talking about rescuing.

Search and rescue certification doesn't equal breed worthy.

I'm not trying to be rude or chase you away, I just think your choices in regards to your animals' care and where you acquire them is questionable. I'm still in shock that you waited so long with Alice before rushing here to the e-vet. Her death was completely preventable.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I have to agree with RFR. I'm pretty baffled that you chose to support a BYB again, especially after talking about rescuing.

Search and rescue certification doesn't equal breed worthy.

I'm not trying to be rude or chase you away, I just think your choices in regards to your animals care and where you acquire them is questionable. I'm still in shock that you waited so long with Alice before rushing here to the e-vet. Her death was completely preventable.
I'm with you and the others. I don't understand going back to the same type of breeder when one has been burned before and educated so to speak on the issues. OP I do hope it works out for you but am saddened by your decision.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
So I was torn on commenting on this but some of the things RFR said made me want to mainly the point about Haze not acting right. I have to agree with a lot that RFR pointed out. I've followed a lot of your threads and I cried when I read about your sweet girl but honestly I can't imagine getting another dog while my current dog has something going on with him. I know in your other thread it mentions he's just depressed/anxiety but a lot of people questioned that because it was a sudden change which I have to say I do too. I try to stay out of these things but I have to say I'm worried. Is Haze even better yet? I feel like all this just happened and now you've brought a new puppy home. It just has me concerned but I wish you the best of luck with the new girl and I hope Haze is better and can handle this change.

However I will say the comment about natural dobes was unnecessary. It offended me and I don't even have a natural dobe. You have to remember theres a lot of people on here with natural dobes and honestly they are beautiful. Amelia's boy is stunning along with many others on here who made me realize I could be happy with either. I also wouldn't bother cropping a 3 month old pups ears. It seems like more risk then it's worth but that's just me.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
3,107 Posts
Well I'm sorry if that's how. I came off I didn't mean it that way it was meant as a joke I actually like your natural dobe more than pretty much any other natural dobe I've seen
Wow....now you have offended me as I have a beautiful natural eared female. I believe it is a person's choice whether they crop their dogs' ears or not but I don't make comments like this. Personally I think 3 months is too old to crop and I myself would not do it but I also got Coco from a BYB before I knew any better and I have stated several times that I would NEVER do this again.......so I guess to each their own.

I wish you well with this little beauty because she is a beauty even with natural ears. I love the name Scarlet but that is Coco's bestie's name so for me it will always be reserved for her. I hope Haze is feeling better and adjusts to his new friend well.

ETA: Rupert is my favourite natural eared boy too :butfly:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
For those concerned about haze he is fine now ever sense she came home he is happy to go and play and has stopped shaking at random things he obviously just wanted a new friend

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
This is so funny, it reminds me of the weekend warriors Harley Davidson rich man's club, where their motto is, "if you can't afford one,you can't ride one". I can say that, cuz I paid mine with cash, not some second mortgage and exercising my freedom of speech and all.
Oh ya, natural dobes look like weimaraner's with a paint job. Sorry if I offended you, just saying, freedom of speech and all.
i buy from China too, LOL.:D
I put that emoticon in there too , cuz im sure rfr will like it and HE can gather evidence against me too.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
For those concerned about haze he is fine now ever sense she came home he is happy to go and play and has stopped shaking at random things he obviously just wanted a new friend
I seriously try not to post in your threads.

THAT'S PROBABLY NOT WHAT IS WRONG.

You make these excuses! Jesus Christ! That's why Alice is dead. Take some Gosh darn initiative and be a responsible pet owner!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I seriously try not to post in your thread.

THAT'S PROBABLY NOT WHAT IS WRONG.

You make these excuses! Jesus Christ! That's why Alice is dead. Take some Gosh darn initiative and be a responsible pet owner!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! I was trying to think of a way to comment back to that part and nothing was coming to me that wouldn't get me banned. It amazes me that he's all the sudden better. If Diesel's mood changed that quick and drastically I'd be really worried and not out getting another puppy to make him feel better.

I also suggest a new vet :nicejob:

·
Living la Vida Loca!
3,107 Posts
This is so funny, it reminds me of the weekend warriors Harley Davidson rich man's club, where their motto is, "if you can't afford one,you can't ride one". I can say that, cuz I paid mine with cash, not some second mortgage and exercising my freedom of speech and all.
Oh ya, natural dobes look like weimaraner's with a paint job. Sorry if I offended you, just saying, freedom of speech and all.
i buy from China too, LOL.:D
I put that emoticon in there too , cuz im sure rfr will like it and HE can gather evidence against me too.
I take it this post was for me so I will choose to respond to you as per freedom of speech. Not cropping ears has nothing to do with finances but I think when you can't or won't take your dog to the vet because they are dying might have something to do with finances and maybe you shouldn't get another dog.

I also see all these threads about needing to find a good cropper because the BYB dog that was bought is never cropped when you buy it. How do I know?? Because I bought one too......as did you if I remember correctly:nicejob:

Jesus....3 months old and going to try to crop.....I will take my weim with a paint job anyday over cropping her at 3 months old and probably having her ears flop. Or get a rescue already done.....think about the dog first instead of your own needs.

As I said previously......to each their own but don't throw stones when you live in a glass house too. :butfly:

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
O before Nubis gets thrown into the trench hole,(cuz all the "Telephone Tough Guys, will come out of the woodwork" he is a BYB pup too but I knew better cuz my first Dobe was from a BYB and guess what, they are a reputable breeder now, asking upwards to $3000 a pup. I didn't go back there this time and saved $2500,.
Don't worry I got all Nubis vet bills, covered its sitting in my shed.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I definitely have to agree with RFR (and others). She said it better than I could have. I'd been sitting here trying to come up with something to say without it coming across wrong.

I don't always like it when DT jumps on people immediately who have just joined and really didn't know any better (though sometimes it is warranted), but you of all people should absolutely know better by now.

And also, I sincerely doubt that Haze just wanted a new friend. But for future, it's (IMO) unhealthy to let your dogs bond so closely that they can't function without another dog. A pack of dogs can for sure get along and like one another, but they should be able to focus and live without other dogs as well. Which is why, eventhough I have multiples, they get and will always get plenty of one on one time. Especially as puppies.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
You make these excuses! Jesus Christ! That's why Alice is dead. Take some God damn initiative and be a responsible pet owner!!!!!!!!!!!
You called?
Geez, you might offend someone with those JC comments.
Hahaha

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I hope you dont give up on this girl's ears like you did multiple times with Alice's.

What do you do with Haze? Why cant you learn things with him? Why do you need a dobe/new dog to train when.you have a young dog already? I've heard pitties are quite biddable and trainable. Ive always been curious as to why there is so much talk aboit training Alice and now this new pup but nothing about Haze.

Nubis - u mad?

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
*** I did not mean to thank nubis dad's post. My stupid phone did that. Honestly I think he's acting like a child.

Thank you! I was trying to think of a way to comment back to that part and nothing was coming to me that wouldn't get me banned. It amazes me that he's all the sudden better. If Diesel's mood changed that quick and drastically I'd be really worried and not out getting another puppy to make him feel better.

I also suggest a new vet :nicejob:
You know what, we're both having a bad day. So some of this may be my own stress but Emma's excuses have pissed me off.

I'm young, things come up. I know. But you can't even use that as an excuse. Juno is MY dog. She is always in a stable environment and I MAKE SURE she has food, vet, training, socialization. She comes before me! I'd buy dog food before I buy me food! I have in the past too! I always take care of her no matter what, I never make some lame excuse for her "not to have good food" or to "not take her to the vet".
/rant. Please. Stop buying animals and take care of the ones you have, properly.

41 - 60 of 214 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.