Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone battles ear posting when they decide to crop. I am in that battle now. My problem is that I chose to go with a nice long crop. The vet did a great job, but I can not seem to get them to stand. I have been posting them faithfully only taking them down to prevent them from getting infection and to clean them. One ear acts like it wants to stand, but it only stays for a few days. The other may stand for a few hours, but then it is back down. Her ears were done on 5/12/12. I'm sure I have a while to go, but I just want to see if anyone has any ideas that may help? I am using the backers rod method. Should I be doing anything else? Supplements or another method?

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Our Amy has the longer show crop too.
- still had one lazy ear at 7 months old...took another 4 weeks of posting, for the perfect look
Don't expect too much, to quick....and at 5 months old, the puppy teething process, doesn't help ears stay strong and permantely up either.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
. One ear acts like it wants to stand, but it only stays for a few days.?

this would indicate that you are leaving them down for days on end. You need to put them back up as soon as you clean them. Later on you may be able to take them down in the AM and put them back up in the PM. Never let an ear lay flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts