Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been forever since I've been on this site, but I thought my fellow dobie lovers would like this story.

Last Saturday night, I wasn't feeling good, stayed up way too late. I tried to go to sleep, got up several times, drank about a half gallon of tea. Finally gave up at 5 A.M., fixed a pot of coffee. Decided it was a good time to work on my old CJ7 I've been restoring. I kept the garage door going into the house open letting a little bit of warm air in the garage.

Plan was to drop the oilpan that's been leaking like no one's business, I put a light and heater under the jeep and crawled under it with wrenches in hand and saphira shivering, but at my side. Next think I know, I'm in the back of an ambulance with the paramedics putting an IV in my arm. Apparently I had a seizure while under the jeep.

Apparently when I started seizing, Saphira went in the house to the bedroom, pulled the covers off of my wife who was sleeping soundly, stood right over top of her, her nose to my wife's nose, and just stared at her whining. My wife needless to say got a little pissy with Saphira, she just assumed she had to go outside real bad. My wife got up to let her out, instead of going to the back door, saphira when into the garage, crawled under the jeep and laid by my side while I was still doing the shimmy and shaking stuff under the jeep.

Needless to say, my wife panicked, called 911 and told the dispatcher that I was under the jeep, and she couldn't get me out. Well, the dispatcher took that as the jeep had fallen on top of me. So, here comes the station that I work at, EMS is also coming, the heavy rescue unit with air bags to lift anything made, the Chief, and the ladder truck.

All test so far have come back negative, hopefully this will be the last one. I've been put behind a desk till I prove I wont have another.....sheez, this is going to suck! But better safe than sorry.

I don't feed saphira anything off the table, but we did share a nice ribeye last night. I love this dog so much and I guess she loves me too :)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Wow, what a scary situation!! Thank goodness for Saphira. What a good girl! She's beautiful too. Hope everything will be ok for you.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Wait..just ONE ribeye?! :D

What an awesome girl, please give her some extra ear-rubs from me. And thank you, for sharing the story.

Sorry about the shimmies and the desk duty, hope they get you sorted soon and it's nothing serious, and you can return to your normal activity.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What a story! Good girl Saphira.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for the atta girls, I'll pass them on to the "bed hog". She will surely love them. And thank you for the get will wishes for myself. I'm much to stubborn to let this get me down. Life behind the desk is rather anticlimactic compared to driving the fire engine. Here's a little something I like to share with folks.

Pull to the Right for Sirens and Lights - Tuscaloosa Fire & Rescue Service, Alabama - YouTube

Lord know's how many times over the last 22 years I've wanted to slap some folks on the head. Pull to the right please :)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Good girl! Now how about some pics of her in the firetruck? You may also include any of your fellow co-workers too!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Wow awesome story - thanks for sharing!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts