Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt came over today with his little sister sally who's almost 10 years old. Coco is familiar with her...so he is a little more relaxed around her then other people and kids. I take him and Duchess over to Matt's house every once and awhile so he is use to her giving him hugs and petting him...but at our house coco is a little more shakey...but he did great...then there is Duchess who will roll over and expect belly rubs, kisses, and hugs. I snapped some pictures :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah he is pretty good with her...He just tries not to look at her much...sometimes if she was petting him from behind he would look back and once he actually gave her a small kiss...I just really have to watch to make sure she doesnt make any sudden movements...but she is really good when I tell her to take it slow...or ignore him now cause he is nervous she will. I also will join in when she is petting him so he is use to the hands being all over him. Also I give sally treats to give him so he likes her hand.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Oh how cute, LD!. My favorite is the 2nd pic. But I also like how in the other pics she has one hand on each of them at the same time. God forbid anyone should perceive any favoritism going on!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hey you wanna be careful those dobermans are dangerous dogs don'tcha know,quite capable of eating a whole 10 year old,hahahahahahahahaha(Vincent Price laugh)(and for those not old enough he does the laugh at the end of Michael Jackson's Thriller)(God i must be old) :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol brumwolf your not to old...but your right, im too young to know of that well enough :)
yup duchess ate her while she lured sally in...in the second picture...but spit out the glasses of course :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Those are great pics LD. Coco looks he enjoyed the attention.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice pics. Dobes seems to really attatch themselves to their families children. My nephew calls King his brother.
they really do! When Duchess was a puppy I would take her babysitting with me...The girls were probably 9 and 10 then...and she still piddles from excitement when she sees them! lol and every kid she meets...kids always seem to just instantly get hyptnotized (sp?) by how relaxing dobermans...atleast from what i have seen. When People are petting Duchess sometimes it looks to me like meditation. :) and they can't get themselves to walk away. lol.

Duchess loves getting hugs like that in the second picture lol. and you can't tell from the pictures...but coco has what we call "wandering eyes" although he looks calm his mind is always thinking and you can tell cause he constantly watches his surroundings as if something MAY be out there to hurt him still...and its been a little more than a year since we adopted him. Like sally is behind him...so he will always look up...look to the side...look down...rest his head...look to the side...peek at whats behind him...

thanks for the comments everyone I know how much you guys love seeing pictures of the children everyones dobes have eaten so far. lol :)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
does Dutchess have whorls on her shoulders? I know she and Ilsa share the same crop/cropper, but I think I see a whorl on D's shoulder too! What a pair they are!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whirls or something like cowlicks, but all the way in a circle?
ooooh okay...if that is what you are talking about sizzledog...she doesnt have have Circle cowlicks or whorls on her shoulders...i dont think...she was probably just laying on her hair a weird way and maybe the picture makes it look like it...
she does have whorls or circle cowlicks on both sides of her butt...and on her elbows I think...and I THINK one on her chest...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts