Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Sadie back from the vet as she had her ears done yesturday, and I think they look pretty good. I was looking for something with a little bell and a medium pet crop. I took in about 20 pictures and talked a lot about what I wanted. I was very pleased with the vet we went to!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that lasted all of about a day :( I now know why the breeder normally takes care of this process for you!!! 2 days after being home she scratched her ear and riped out the stitch causing an infection. So it was back to the vet for a "clean up" and some antibiotics. She was put in a cone and I put socks on her feet so she couldn't hurt her ears again (she looked so cute with her sockies on!)

Today was her first day being posted and she keeps messing with her ears, I am worried that she is going to pull her post out or mess something else up. AND the vet lets the dogs go 2-3 days inbetween postings so the ears can "heal" doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of having the ears posted and undue all the work that we just did???? I am half ready to stop all after care (even though we already paid for it) and just do it myself* ok not really myself but with the help of someone a lot smarter!!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Well that lasted all of about a day :( I now know why the breeder normally takes care of this process for you!!! 2 days after being home she scratched her ear and riped out the stitch causing an infection. So it was back to the vet for a "clean up" and some antibiotics. She was put in a cone and I put socks on her feet so she couldn't hurt her ears again (she looked so cute with her sockies on!)

Today was her first day being posted and she keeps messing with her ears, I am worried that she is going to pull her post out or mess something else up. AND the vet lets the dogs go 2-3 days inbetween postings so the ears can "heal" doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of having the ears posted and undue all the work that we just did???? I am half ready to stop all after care (even though we already paid for it) and just do it myself* ok not really myself but with the help of someone a lot smarter!!!
Diesel hated his posts for the first two days but we watched him very carefully and always redirected him and now in doesn't even phase him. You just have to say no and give her something to distract her. It's ok if her ears are down for 2-3 days at this age. Diesel had his down for 2 when he was 10 weeks cause of some sores from the tape and he was fine. Now if she's doing that between every posting that's a different story. I've never heard of that. diesel gets an hour break in between postings then it's right back up. I also do it myself though. I'd talk to your vet about it because they shouldn't be down that long every time if that's what's going on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like the 4 days between posting is the norm and happens every single time between postings, he also things that we should be done posting in 4 weeks :mad: and was "concerned" about her ears when I took them in to post them because neither ear was standing up after being taken out of the foam 4 days prior :rolleyesww: I had JUST woke her up from a long car ride so she sleeping and all relaxed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts