Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A sad story with hopefully an happy end!

My friend who is a breeder called me that there was a dog of her in a shelter, she ask me if I know some one for her, because she planned to pick her up, and the nicest thing would be if she had a new home, instead of again go to a other home .

Last wednesday we went for a her , she was already there from march, a friend of mine was looking for a dobermann, and she wants to give a rescue a second chance. When we arrived we had a little conversation with the people of the shelter. After that they took us to Shifra that is her name. She was sooooooooo terrible skinny, tears were in our eyes, she is four years already. Jacqueline the breeder ask why they didn’t inform her, and they say they tried but could not find her, something I don’t really understand cause Holland is a small country and the breeders are registrated by the Dutch Dobermannclub, But any way my friend took her, she is with her now for 3 days and she is really cute and so sweet she wants to cuddle, they have already a dutch shepherd from 9 years, a male and he think he is young again, the get along very well together.

Its so sad when you come into the shelter and see all those dogs, who belongs once to a family when you see this you all would give them a new home, and when you come in one you know there are so many more! I wish and hope that lots of people who wants to take a dog think about it carefully, cause they need someone to take care for them. They don’t ask for life. Sifra’s story was she was sold to a family, and the parents decided to divorce, so they bring her to a shelter, after six months she was replaced with older people from around the age of 70, when the woman died, the man brings her in again to a shelter, she didn’t see much except the backyard. So from the 4 years of her life she spend at least 1 year in a shelter. The people of the shelter were very nice and also concerned about her, the man said that dobers always are difficult to hold, she was eating normal there but she become so skinny, and even that many shelters don’t want to take in dobers because of that, they seems to waste away.

Today she was on the training field, she plays a little with her on the field, they play a lot together now, and it seems that it worked out well, in about a few weeks when she is used to her family, and she have gain some weight, she will slowly start training with her. But the first thing is that she used to her family. But in three days you already see the different, in her eyes, she don’t look so sad any more.

Hopefully Sifra find herself a home for life now! I am sure of that, she gets lots of love and care now!

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
What a pretty girl. I'm sure a little weight will make a big difference. I do a little volunteer work for Doberman rescue here and it is true that they often don't do well in a kennel - I know we get them sometimes from shelters and they are very skinny. As soon as they get into a home they often pick up weight fast.

Hopefully, she has found her forever home :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
My prayers and good thoughts are on their way for her to find a great home. She is so pretty. Love the picture of her running with her ears flopping. Cute!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
She is so beautiful. thank god they don't have kill shelters where you are otherwise that wonderful girl would have been put down. I am sure you firend is going to be very happy to have such a great dobergirl
cc

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
She is lovely looking dobie Elly,such a pretty face lets hope she goes from strength to strength.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I have to tell you I feel for this tiny gal, amazing, she looks so happy now in the last pictures. I'm sure the weight will come now that she has a normal loving active life. She is very pretty. I am surprised they keep the dogs as long as a year so nice to hear not just a couple of months and then that's it.
Please post pictures if you can along the way, I would love to see the difference as time goes by.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am so happy that the story had a good ending. Hopefully she has found her match. I wish them many years of happiness together.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is terrific! Tell your friend congrats on finding a wonderful pooch!

It's amazing what a little exercise and attention will do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts