Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've recently had to rearrange my living situation, and after months of deliberation, it has come to my attention that a dog is just not welcome anywhere I go..

So I am looking for a new home for Zero.

He is a male (neutered), one year, around 70 pounds, 28" tall, and with a great snuggly temperament.

He has a few patches of skin with less hair resulting from demodex. There are no mites on his skin now, and the hair is growing back.

He has a great temperament. I cannot stress that enough!! He was raised around children and dogs of all sizes, and he has never once shown any type of agression at all. He really is the perfect dog. I was just naive when I got him and thought surely everyone would welcome a doberman.. apartment complexes do not btw.. He knows Sit, Shake, Down, Spin, Bow, and he is a very, very fast learner. He is great on walks, and he is extremely velcro!

He is microchipped and CKC registered, and I am not asking for a price, I just want a loving home to take him in.. I can give you his crate, bed, toybox, tons of treats, the toys he hasn't destroyed yet :), food, etc.

This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make, so please only comment if you know someone who can give Zero a home..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sad turn of events with Zero..

I've recently had to rearrange my living situation, and after months of deliberation, it has come to my attention that a dog is just not welcome anywhere I go..

So I am looking for a new home for Zero.

He is a male (neutered), one year, around 70 pounds, 28" tall, and with a great snuggly temperament.

He has a few patches of skin with less hair resulting from demodex. There are no mites on his skin now, and the hair is growing back.

He has a great temperament. I cannot stress that enough!! He was raised around children and dogs of all sizes, and he has never once shown any type of agression at all. He really is the perfect dog. I was just naive when I got him and thought surely everyone would welcome a doberman.. apartment complexes do not btw.. He knows Sit, Shake, Down, Spin, Bow, and he is a very, very fast learner. He is great on walks, and he is extremely velcro!

He is microchipped and CKC registered, and I am not asking for a price, I just want a loving home to take him in.. I can give you his crate, bed, toybox, tons of treats, the toys he hasn't destroyed yet , food, etc.

This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make, so please only comment if you know someone who can give Zero a home..

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Have you called your breeder about him? If that is not an option, you should call rescue. They will be able to find a good home for him.

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
CKC like Canadian Kennel club?

You should contact your breeder.

Im so so sorry

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Contact any Doberman Rescue Organizations or Doberman Breed clubs in your area. Many times they have a list of people looking for dogs. Sorry you have to give up your pup.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My breeder is a greeder :( .. I broke off contact with her when she started breeding Zero's mom every cycle with Zero's sire.. and when she was no help with Zero's demodex.
ANYWAY water under the bridge I guess.

I don't know any legitimate rescues here, I can only think of the humane shelters, and the euthanize on a regular basis here..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poor baby, I could not imagine having to find Miesha another home... you would have to lock me up in the looney bin!
I know.. it's terrible.. But the only way I could keep him is if I rented/bought a house, and to do that I would have to work at least two jobs.. I would never see him.. So I think it's better for him if I could find him a nice home with a little land and some other dogs to play with.

It is so hard to do this.. but it's my fault in the end.. I shouldn't have gotten him so young with no solid living situation.. And I'm sorry to him for that..

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
zero what part of Alabama are you in? If you are close, maybe we could talk via pm? I might be interested, but I'd like to know a little more and meet him perhaps.
Dawn Peters.

Maybe this will work out for you.did you contact Peter???
go and PM him and see where it goes.

Reactions: Zero509
1 - 20 of 34 Posts