Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

S E Dobermans?

5K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  LapDog 
I agree with MurreyDobe, VelmaDobe, Blackdog, Doberkim, Brumwolf, and Hero's mom, they are not reputable. They do not show their own dogs in any venue which is a huge red flag, why are they breeding pets?

They are backyard breeders and I would not give them a second look either. I agree, when you see major credit cards and paypal type breeders you should run as far away as you can. Huge red flag.

Also, like DoberKim, I found their dogs structure very off and incorrect, the toplines, the body, depth of brisket, etc.

Yes, but a reputable dog breeder is more than a high volume McDonalds, and they should be. You do make a pretty good analogy using McDonalds if we were taking about large scale volume breeders IMO.

Cash is not the only option; checks are a valid option too.
Murreydobe explains the problem with accepting credit cards. The purchase price is the least of the total amount that goes into taking care of a Doberman. If they have to pay for a living animal with credit, what is going to happen the rest of the time, what if a problem comes up? Pay with that with credit too? When does it end?

Working for the college, I see a lot of people with major credit problems and I think that reflects the "I want it now" society we live in today. It is surprising easy to get credit for many people and equally easy to abuse the credit and get into major debt.

Small and large-scale businesses alike have caught onto this change and started accepting credit for convenience and economic reasons. That is not a change that I see reputable Doberman breeders flowing with.

I don't think it is okay to encourage individuals to pay for living animals on credit. It may be easier and faster for anyone who has a credit card to get a Doberman, but I don't think easier and faster is always better.

LapDog said:
is it common for a breeder not to have a website?
Yes, there are many reputable breeders that don't use the Internet.

On a similar note, I think that is one of the hardest jobs of a breeder, screening potential buyers. I am sure the Internet might bring added traffic and prospective buyers, not saying that is inherently good or bad though.

And Micdobe, that was a good post and I am right there with you, that is why I say run far far away from sites that advertise in that manner.

OT- Lapdog, I really like that fouth picture of Dutch!!! It is really nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.