Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,068 Posts
Sometimes even up high doesn't help. Once I walked into the dining room and found Capri standing(all four feet) ON the table snarfing someone's dinner. Now I know that's not particularly high, but I have no doubt but that she could have swiped something from the top of the refrigerator if she had wanted to.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,522 Posts
yep everything in this home is up high or not out at all.
I hear you dobegal on that!! We continue to work on leave it and drop it in this house but we are also waiting for Sugar's little brain to grow lol.

You too Doc. Although that's a mighty handsome thief. How old is Mr. Business again? These boys are so different than my old lovey who just left everything alone!

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,587 Posts
LOL, great pic, Ken.

This isn't a brag (well, ok, it sorta is lol) but Mocha has never gotten into the counter surfing, trash stealing, or anything else like that. She never chewed anything up except her own toys when she was young, and when we feed her and Coco, and he only eats half his food, she won't touch it - she somehow knows it's not hers. We never taught her to do any of those things; for whatever reason, they came natural to her. Her only fault is that she loves to eat shrubbery, hence the fencing around our hostas and most other plants, and why she doesn't go out back unsupervised, ever. And she knows she's not supposed to bother them so naturally it's a game to her, and she'll try to sneak over and grab a few leaves then run off and stop to look at me with greenery sticking out of her mouth.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You too Doc. Although that's a mighty handsome thief. How old is Mr. Business again? These boys are so different than my old lovey who just left everything alone!

Well Mr. B is 4 years and 7 months Coco - lol Oh yeah - the boys are different - lol And I wouldn't have it any other way :grin2::grin2: I would not hold on to any hope that Sugar will grow out of it = He's a boy ! I love him so much and his ways Something always going on .

Our girls would sometimes get into mischief - but not to the extent that Mr. B does - They were not the prefect little angels like MOCHA :grin2::grin2::grin2: but they were close - now Kasia was a surfer of the table . Ali would stand there looking at you - sometimes laying her head on your lap , looking up at you , Kadin - Never - he will lay down next to the chair , but as he has got older - just lays on his bed .

As far as the sock cap - its a game to him since he was a puppy - you sit it down and its game on - I didn't help it any - When he steals it - I will point at him and say in a louder voice - HEY - What do you have and then he takes off a hundred miles a hour - lol

Coco - Sugar is grown up - He is what he is = A BOY lol >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,587 Posts
I have to brag a bit too. I really never had a counter surfer.
We can leave food like fried chicken or a sandwich on the coffee table and walk out of the room, and Mocha will not touch it. It's almost weird, ya know?

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,068 Posts
We can leave food like fried chicken or a sandwich on the coffee table and walk out of the room, and Mocha will not touch it. It's almost weird, ya know?
I've been able to do that with all of my BOYS...but the girls were less trustworthy. With my first boy, Caesar, I could sit in the back seat of the car with him beside me and eat a hamburger, and he wouldn't even bother to look at me. It was people food, you see.

But I had an orange disappear (I mean really, an orange?) from a side table once when Katana ruled the roost, and while I only saw her do it once, I remember walking into the kitchen and seeing her standing on her hind legs, front legs dangling, with her neck craned over the table top like a giraffe licking the butter (she KNEW she was not supposed to put her feet on a tabletop or counter, so she improvised.) Capri actually wasn't really a counter surfer, though our kitchen garbage lived with an (unset) mousetrap taped to its lid, just as a reminder to her.

She was also the one who took a bag with two or three trick-or-treat sized chocolate bars in it off my nightside table. And she unwrapped each one very neatly and carefully before she ate it (I've never figured out just how she did it).

But that's what makes it tricky--if they only do it once or twice a year, you forget to be careful.

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,587 Posts
I've been able to do that with all of my BOYS...but the girls were less trustworthy. With my first boy, Caesar, I could sit in the back seat of the car with him beside me and eat a hamburger, and he wouldn't even bother to look at me. It was people food, you see.
If Mocha's in the car with me and we hit a drive thru, she knows it's either French fry or ice cream time. I love the looks on the cashier's faces when they open their window to hand the food out to us and there's Mocha, with her head out of the back window, stretching as far as she can, so she can sniff what's coming.
"Whoa, does your dog bite?"
"Only if you got the order wrong"
:grin2:

·
ZuriBug
184 Posts
counter surfer

Our Zuri we found out early was a genius lol. She ate a raw hamburger patty one time from a plate waiting to go on the grill. They were stacked in somewhat of a pyramid fashion. She was just sitting there beside it, pretty as could be. Not licking her lips or anything. My husband came to get them and did a double take. Wasn't there 5 patties?? Sweet potatoes, zucchini, you name it. Couldn't keep her out of the fig tree.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts