Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just popping in for a quick update for all Whip's supporters and fans.

We got her new (correct this time, from a good company who knows what they're doing) orthotic a few days ago, and it's wonderful to have her out of that horrid splint/bandage system.

Hai DT! This is me trying my new bionic leg out for the first time, at a friend's house:

Hmm, not sure I have a license to drive this thing...

Couple days later and smart WhippyGirl has it pretty much all figured out:

I can walk in this thing.

I can sniff all the good smells in this thing.

I can watch butterflies fly, and stand up just fine.

I can guard the yard and bark at the bad guys (okay maybe just the garbage truck, but it's a drill, practicing for the real deal someday).

Hey! Hot Dammm! I can even run in this thing! (Oops, durn it, Mom says not yet, on the running, but a girl can try to get by with a bit of nonsense and naughtiness, still yet.)

Closer shot of Whip's bionic leg, thank you again, to everyone who helped make this possible--she is doing so much better now:

[For those tuning in late, Whisper's other thread, explaining her injury and such, here: http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-related-chat/57169-redfawnrising-dobe-whisper-hurt-bad.html ]

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Thats freaking awesome!!! I am so happy to see her doing so well, she couldn't have asked for a better owner, she looks happy to be up and about.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
WHAT.A.CUTIE.PIE.

(((RFR)))
So glad she's making progress- & her leg-a-ma-callit est trop chic!

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Happy Happy Joy Joy!! Thanks for sharing, I am so impressed with her recovery and how so many people had a hand in it and how you were strong enough to be sure she got to where she is today. It warms my heart.

I love how you tricked it out with pink flowers. It suits her just fine!

·
Super Moderator
22,917 Posts
Yay!

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aw, Em, so sorry to have worried you. I feel like such a bad friend to so many people right now...I really don't mean to be so out of touch. I'm just finding the energy level running low lately, and hard to get everything done--only managed one session of PT so far today for Whisper, and got to get another one in before bedtime.

It just kinda never ends, and I'm sure not whining or complaining (well, maybe a tiny bit, but not intentionally) as I'm still beyond grateful my girl is still here with me.

PT is going to be a long hard road and her orthotic will need some adjustments--one spot is wearing on a bony protuberance right above her metatarsals now, but I have such confidence in this new company to get it taken care of and get it right--was on the phone with them 40 minutes today, getting a bunch of information, and questions answered--SUCH a night-and-day difference from that lousy incompetent orthotist, Derrick Campana, ( Animal Orthocare LLC - Orthotics, Prosthetics and other Mobilit Devices for Dogs and other Pets ) who always had off-site answering services and never returned calls, once he had his money.

Anyway, I get discouraged at times, but Whisper never seems to, and all I have to do is look at her happy can-do attitude, and it keeps me going, and raises my hopes.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts