Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cooked up some bacon tonight, and then soaked up the grease with 4 of the 1/2 sheets of paper towels. While I was on the phone, Ruger ate all 4 sheets!

I gave him a shot of hydrogen peroxide....only the slimy stuff came out. Waited 10 or so minutes and gave him another shot. Same results. Anyone else have their hoover do this? Should I worry? (dumb question....I will worry)

I guess this will be a sleepless night for me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That's gonna be an interesting poop..If you have any Olive oil give a BIG dose of it in his bowl NOW to make sure the paper towel comes out without binding him up :( But you'll still worry until it comes out...Gawd, these boys are SO...SO!!!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You all sure make me feel better about my little guy. His regular diet includes sardines mixed with him morning meal, so I guess he should be quite oiled up. The addition of the bacon grease I hope will just shoot the paper towels out.

Still will be a restless night. This will be the last time I use paper towels for the last of the grease!

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
yea my dog has eaten paper towels...four is alot but should be fine
what to watch out for is the wrappers and liner in the meat packaging
Sparky tries to get ahold of that --that has plastic

·
Registered
21 Posts
Think some dobies mush have cast iron stomaches! My boy, through his life has consumed many things that I thought would do him some serious harm!

A whole cooked chicken, 3 mobile phones (not all at the same time) A whole deep baked lemon meringue Pie (Hubby got the initial blame) A container of Chicken Tika Vindaloo (And the container) He swallowed his choker chain, and it came back through in one piece, Kitchen Table Leg, Mother in laws carpet and part of her wall, and tonns of horse poop!!!

At 13 1/2 he hasn't done bad!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think some dobies mush have cast iron stomaches! My boy, through his life has consumed many things that I thought would do him some serious harm!

A whole cooked chicken, 3 mobile phones (not all at the same time) A whole deep baked lemon meringue Pie (Hubby got the initial blame) A container of Chicken Tika Vindaloo (And the container) He swallowed his choker chain, and it came back through in one piece, Kitchen Table Leg, Mother in laws carpet and part of her wall, and tonns of horse poop!!!

I feel much, much better now! If there was a prize for the most oddities consumed, the prize goes to you and your guy. Not sure if congratulations are in order though..

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
I don't think you need to run to the vet or anything, just probably keep a close eye on him and give him a bland diet for 48hrs (cooked rice, poached chicken, green beans/canned pumpkin). My dog recently got into the trash and ate a load of tin foil that I had grilled fish in. That obviously warranted a trip to the vet's for radiographs. It did pass, and there was a very interesting pile o poo the following day. I had another dog that ate a paper plate and passed it fine.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,450 Posts
A friend of mine's dobe ate a full bowl of foil-wrapped Christmas Hersey's Kisses once--no effect from the chocolate, thank goodness, nor from the foil wrappers. Just a whole lot of red and green sparkles in the next day's poop. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts

HOLY FARKIN CRAP! You must have pure white hair from all the stress...LOL!

·
Banned
1,141 Posts

OMG this is crazzzyyyy!!!! why was he hungry for all this stuff!! what a little nut!!! I wonder if anyone called while the cell phone was in his belly...:idea:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts