Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
As you know I've been working with Rudy to get him started in a show career.
He's doing agility and having fun, but I also wanted to do conformation.
This is the only pic I've ever taken....mostly because no one has been around to do it while I've been working with him. My mom is here for a visit and took a pic. This is the FIRST time he's been on the 'happy legs'. They just came today. I thought, what the heck. I'll give them a whirl.....if they don't work I'll sell them. But so far he's had NO problems on them. He gets up on the fronts himself....and I just move his backs on. I have to play around with the position....but for the most part you can see what he looks like.
Thought I'd share our progress and look for tips.
Thanks.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
STUNNING. He is so gorgeous.

I was wondering about the happy legs. I just started using soup cans. What size stilts did you order?

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He just won BIS in my book! He's fabulous!!!

Did you send this pic to momma Bruda?
LOL. I will....I send Sandi pics all the time. I just took this pic a few minutes ago.....and keep in mind...I'm a BEGINNER with stacking and conformation.
But So happy you think it's a good stand!!!
:)

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice!! I can't believe he is 5 months already.

Who were his dam and sire?
I can't believe it either! Where did the time go???
His mom is Bruda The Artist is Savannah
and
His dad is Cambria's Out For Justice (Nick)

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
STUNNING. He is so gorgeous.

I was wondering about the happy legs. I just started using soup cans. What size stilts did you order?
I ordered the large box with the large stilts. They are PERFECT.
I tried soup cans and bricks. This is much better. And he doesn't have a problem with the happy legs at all. Perhaps because he does agility and is used to standing on things ect. And perhaps because he's pretty confident little fellow.

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's a nice looking puppy, but it looks like his rear legs are too far apart.
I thought the same thing when I looked at the pic. I need to move the back stands closer.....but I had just set it up out of the box. I was excited just to see what he looks like.....since it's been hard to see him....even in the mirror.
He's coming along. :)

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
He is a handsome boy! Yes, I would move the back stands right away - putting lots of stress on the cruciates the way it is set up. Hope we get lots more photos!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Wow he is something else! I really like his dad so that's no surprise. Seriously good looking dude you've got there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts