Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all

Quick question:

Does anyone have handy the calorie content of Royal Canin Maxi Puppy dry dogfood that they could tell me?

I binned the bags the food came in after I put the kibble in the food bin, but I'm shortly going to be moving Bruno onto Acana and want to get a rough idea of calorie comparison first.

I've exhausted my imagination searching the web. And their website didn't reveal the detail I was looking for (tho I could've been searching in the wrong place).
I could drive to the store nearest who sells it, but hopefully I'll get the answer here & save myself a 25 mile trip.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
3901 Kilocalories per kilogram or 370kilocalories per cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis ( calculated)
Just Google calorie content of Royal Canin Maxi Puppy dry dog food then you have to figure out how to zoom into a larger print or at least I did but I'm a old lady with not very good computer skills.Hope this is what you wanted if you are looking for a good dog food check out www.dogfoodanalysis.com it is a good place to look my personal opinion of Royal Cain dog foods not very good food. Corn.wheat.gluten meal,psyllium husk would not want to feed my pup that. If you find a better food it may cost a little more but you usually do not have to feed as much of a higher quality food because it has denser calories instead of feeding 6-8 cups you might feed 4 something to think about remember to slowly switch over from one food to a new food so your pup will not have a tummy upset.Good Luck dog food hunting it can be over whelming too many to pick from.

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ooops posted at same time at Patches Mom :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for that. A great help, plus saved me petrol money too, so thanks again!

I didn't realise my computer skills were worse than an old lady's haha :)

It's been an unbelievable search so far and we've settled on Acana. The fishy one for now, and we're transitioning Molly onto it. Started yesterday and she'll be fully onto it on Thursday so I'm thinking that'll be enough time. She was on Weinwrights before - not the best but she was doing pretty well on it.

Bruno will be onto it soon enough. It's quite bonkers that so many people think of Royal Canin as so good - just goes to show what marketing can do!

Thanks again for the speedy replies :)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
When you store your food in the bin, leave it in the bag. Vitamins begin to deteriorate once exposed to air, which dumping does. You need to feed the air exposed food within 3 weeks for optimum benefit. Yeah, Royal Canine sucks IMO. Acana is a very good food.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.