Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought this day would never come. After so many failed attempts, trying over and over again. I thought maybe she had some type of coordination issue but she did it, she finally did it. She caught a chunk of hot dog that I threw at her. It's a miracle. I threw six more pieces just to make sure and she caught each and every one with stunning accuracy. Tonight, I can finally rest easy.
Plant Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,521 Posts
All it takes is a bit of practice...you must not have been throwing hot dog chunks at her often enough.

I remember throwing a piece of luncheon meat at Kip once; it landed on the top of his head and across his eyes. He just sat there, poor thing--he didn't know if he was supposed to shake it off and eat it, or if I was playing some kind of cruel game with him.

Zeta's a lovely girl.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All it takes is a bit of practice...you must not have been throwing hot dog chunks at her often enough.

I remember throwing a piece of luncheon meat at Kip once; it landed on the top of his head and across his eyes. He just sat there, poor thing--he didn't know if he was supposed to shake it off and eat it, or if I was playing some kind of cruel game with him.

Zeta's a lovely girl.
Ha ha, I've thrown so many things at her it's ridiculous. She'd look at me like, why, why are you throwing food at my face? After she caught that first piece it was game on. The little dog was a bit upset, he was no longer able to clean up the food projectiles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great job Zeta ! And your poor mom , she will sleep good tonight ! lol

btw --- Pretty girl you are Zeta !
Thank you! The kids were remarking at breakfast how she can't catch anything to save her life. I told them to watch this! They were all amazed, ha ha. Her lack of chomper eye coordination had been a great disappointment for them. Now they are excited to come home from school to throw food at her.

·
Super Moderator
22,591 Posts
Ha! Too funny. Richter doesn't catch food - he has no clue about the concept. Sypha is a champion treat catcher!

Pretty girl.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
This is great news!! Beau was a late bloomer in the snack catch department and I, too, wondered at the lack of coordination. Congratulations, beautiful Zeta!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
Duke
17 Posts
Congratulations! I thought I was the only one teaching my pup that. You give me hope!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts