Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The specialty looks a tad smaller than last year, though Friday is pushing 70 and just over 60 on Saturday.

Anyone going?

Alfred is entered in the specialty, and then is entered both Friday and Saturday. I love this show because it takes me about 7 minutes to drive there :p (doesn't hurt that this is where Alfred got his first win (4 point major) at 6 months old last year, too). A couple of his littermates are coming down for the weekend shows.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this new relaxed era of dog showing, now that I no longer have to worry about Alf getting his CH :roflmao: and haven't gotten serious about his 'career' as a special yet.

Poor Schmalf knows something is up, since the clipping, grinding, bathing, training seems to be starting up again ... he enjoyed his few months as a half feral dog :lol2:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I will be there all 5 days! :) I'm showing Avril at one of the specialties. Then it will be one of our puppies (Moxie) first show, I'm showing her at both specialties, Friday, and Saturday. AND Hottie I think Friday and Sunday and the specialty Avril isn't in. And then juniors (3 times on Wednesday, twice on Saturday, and all the other days too. :p) Super busy!

This is one of my favorite shows, too! I love how close it is and how big it is.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
It starts Wednesday. Wednesday Dobermans show twice, once in the morning at the working show, and the other in the evening at the dobe specialty. Then it goes through Sunday. :)

Ring times haven't been posted yet.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when does it start - Friday?

when are dobes on Sat/Sun? :)

I might have to come with camera in tow
It starts Wednesday! I am not showing Alf Thursday because I need to do some work next week.

If you come, you should try to come Saturday - I won't be there on Sunday and I love your Q photos, it would be awesome if you got some of Alfie (hint, hint - subtle, right? :roflmao:).

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It starts Wednesday. Wednesday Dobermans show twice, once in the morning at the working show, and the other in the evening at the dobe specialty. Then it goes through Sunday. :)

Ring times haven't been posted yet.
Whoops! I don't think I entered Alf in the working show ... I hope Faye doesn't care, sometimes she forgets that I need very explicit instructions to do things right.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be there all 5 days! :) I'm showing Avril at one of the specialties. Then it will be one of our puppies (Moxie) first show, I'm showing her at both specialties, Friday, and Saturday. AND Hottie I think Friday and Sunday and the specialty Avril isn't in. And then juniors (3 times on Wednesday, twice on Saturday, and all the other days too. :p) Super busy!

This is one of my favorite shows, too! I love how close it is and how big it is.
Whoa, you are going to be busy!!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I used to fly up and go to this cluster of shows every year... now i always forget about them until it's too late...too late to get a room at a nearby hotel, too late for cheap plane tickets.

To me, the best part of the whole weekend was the chocolate lava cake at that restaurant right on the river on the WA side!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to fly up and go to this cluster of shows every year... now i always forget about them until it's too late...too late to get a room at a nearby hotel, too late for cheap plane tickets.

To me, the best part of the whole weekend was the chocolate lava cake at that restaurant right on the river on the WA side!
I have a guest room! Warning, Alfred likes to sleep with any "guest" in the house. Just ask Faye.

Wait, which restaurant? I'm going to have to track this down. The only real river restaurants are Beaches, McMenamin's, Husong and Larry's, and Joe's Crab Shack. Any of those ring a bell? (I really like chocolate cake. Don't force me to go figure it out via process of elimination.)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Wait, which restaurant? I'm going to have to track this down. The only real river restaurants are Beaches, McMenamin's, Husong and Larry's, and Joe's Crab Shack. Any of those ring a bell? (I really like chocolate cake. Don't force me to go figure it out via process of elimination.)
For the life of me, I can't remember the name of that restaurant. I just remember we had to go across the bridge to get there.

Ooh ooh-ask Dawn Danner, I've been there with her, she'd remember the name of the place!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the life of me, I can't remember the name of that restaurant. I just remember we had to go across the bridge to get there.

Ooh ooh-ask Dawn Danner, I've been there with her, she'd remember the name of the place!
Excellent. I need to talk to her anyway about doing the holter/echo for the dogs through the Mt Hood club in June. Two birds with one stone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts