Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
BackInBlack said:
Now I understand why doctors go to school for so long! All of this genetic and health stuff makes my head twirl.
Yeah, it can get confusing-and vWD is caused by a "simple" recessive.
Where it really can make your head start to hurt is when you get into polygenes (more than one gene causing the trait) or dominant with incomplete penetration and variable expression..that's when a dog can have the trait but be asymptomatic and pass it on to their get.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Re-cropped? Rommel? As in adult Rommel? I'm confused. I was wondering what had happened to him and I couldn't find a post anywhere where he was injured. Now I'm even more confused. :cwmddd:

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
this is a very old thread! I believe that was when he was a puppy. I hope thats what you mean, lol.

Reactions: Julie W

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
LOL, He really does look like a bunny.

Here is an album of pictures from after his surgery if anyone wants to see them. Beware though, some of them are kind of bloody.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2107133864&idx=1

The vet said that as long as he isnt bleeding to bring him back monday, and if I wanted to give him 1/2 of the tranqulizer instead of a whole one, that it would be okay as long as he stays calm and keeps his blood pressure down and doesnt start bleeding.
In following the link, this message appears:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.