Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, I finally had someone to take some pics this morning. So here are some pictures of Rommel Tracking this morning. Keep in mind it was about 5:45am (up since 4:15) and that is a ball in my back pocket.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Looks good so early in the morning, the track you are doing, is it straight on or do you put allready corners in it and articels?

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That track had a right turn about 100 paces out and a left turn about 50 paces out after that. We are trying to get back in the groove. I am not doing articles yet, because I want to teach it seperately and I just havent done it yet. I need to get some articles, get in the backyard, and fill my pockets with treats. I just dont want to mess up his tracks, when he isnt solid on down on the article yet. When he was a little puppy I put one at the end, but I think teaching it seperate then meshing it with the track will work better for him.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
How do you start teaching tracking? I mean can you give me a run down of basics? As many of you know, I'm stuck in the land of no dog clubs or trainers and rely on books, my own judgement and net advice to train Chi - I think tracking would probably be a lot of fun for her and would be just another thing to occupy her VERY busy mind :)

Great pics btw :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
The main question is could he track his way back across tha Atlantic from my house? :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
LOL Brum! From the looks of his concentration I would have to say there's a good chance.

BiB, he looks great out there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts