Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my little boy is almost three months now. When I first had his ears cropped the vet that did it used nylon inserts so that I wouldn't have to post. The inserts came out a few weeks later and they were okay, but every time he would see something interesting his ears would go up and cross each other in the middle, he also had curled tips which I actually found adorable. Anyways, I began posting them to fix the problem and I just wanted a more seasoned doberman owners veiw. He is my first dobie and is definitely strong willed but oh so loving when he isn't being nippy.

Also could someone let me know about his food, I am switching him from Victor because it gave him terrible gas and loose stools. He will soon be on Farmina large puppy breed, anyone have any expirience with it?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Romans Legs

I promise his legs aren't as crazy looking as they look in the picture with his bowl. He was running past his bowl and scooping up food so he is just standing weird.

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
Cute pup. I can't comment on the ears as I will be doing the posting myself for the first time in about 4 weeks when I get my pup.

I haven't heard of either of those foods, but this site is a great resource for researching different foods. In the end it's what works best is the one to go with.

Dry dog food alphabetical index - kibble starting by A

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Wow....I have never heard of a vet doing implants so you wouldn't have to post.

Posting after ear cropping is the norm.

If Roman's ears are crossing in the middle, then he most likely has pockets and needs corrective posting. Here is a thread that will help you with posting to correct the pockets.

Is your avatar correct that your pup is only 6 weeks old? If so, that is really too young to be taken from his mommy :(

Edit: I saw just he is 3 months now....nvrmnd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow....I have never heard of a vet doing implants so you wouldn't have to post.

Posting after ear cropping is the norm.

If Roman's ears are crossing in the middle, then he most likely has pockets and needs corrective posting. Here is a thread that will help you with posting to correct the pockets.

Is your avatar correct that your pup is only 6 weeks old? If so, that is really too young to be taken from his mommy :(

Edit: I saw just he is 3 months now....nvrmnd
since I've been posting them they stand right like in the picture, without crossing. I just wanted opinions on how they're turning out :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you!
It was placed under the skin when they were first cropped, they are temporary they're out now.
They ran along the outside of his ear to make them stand and I'm assuming to keep pockets from forming, his ear muscles are very strong though and his ears started to over correct so they took them out early and I didn't too much like the over correction hha so I started posting them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts