Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my little guy did excellent over the 4th. He spent all day playing with four other dogs at my sister's house. There were lots of kids and adults petting him and running around he just loved it. He even got his first glimpse of a grass snake. I'm very proud of the fact that he could have cared less about the fireworks. He perked his ears up for awhile but after 5 minutes or so just started walking around. I'm so happy that loud noises don't bother him. I think the fact that he was playing all day helped. We also left him alone while the fireworks were going off. We didn't hold him or try and baby him and I think that helped also. My girlfriends parents had a GSD that would hide in the wash sink everytime there was a thunderstorm. He would get so scared they would have to sedate him sometimes. I was praying that he would do fine and he did wonderful. Happy 4th everyone from Me and Rock!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I was at my sisters house.....they do their 1 hour display and so does their neighbors.(the neighbor usually has a few commercial grade big boomers)
Rudi was all fine and dandy......we even played catch and he actually brought the ball back (that was a first!!! YAY!!!) Once it got dark and the first big boom went off, he went up to their deck to the back door ans was like....."Ok.....that was loud and I'm ready to go inside." So I took him in turned the tv on in their bedroom, made him a nice little nest on their bed and he was good to go. I would check up on him every 15 minutes or so.....and he would be so wiggly to see me. Then I'd pet him, tell him what a good boy he is and then leave the room with the door open. He just hung out in their room until it was all over.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Thank goodness we seem to have some of the good little boys and girls this year. It sounds like a lot of our babies did wonderfully with the celebrations. It was so bitter sweet for me with having Jordan doing so great with just a little unease after having to drug Cleopatra for the past so many years.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think my black lab Molly really helped out also. She's not afraid any loud noise so she just laid right next to him and seemed to follow suit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts