Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to update you on Rocco's progress. We had a rocky beginning with his ears being infected after the stitches were licked out. But now , here are a few pictures. He is just 5 months. Please let me know your opinions on how he looks with his ears, weight conformation, etc..

Attachments

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,584 Posts
Omg Rocco sure is a cutie!! :butfly:

·
Registered
990 Posts
pretty boy :) ears look good too.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
He's adorable. His weight looks good in these photos and you can see yourself in his coat. His ears look like they are healing and standing nicely. Are you leaving them down or re-posting? Just be sure if his ears start breaking over or drooping that you re-post or at least tape the middle or base.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am keeping them posted for 3-5 days and take them out for about a day. He is teething badly right now and I want to make sure that his ears don't suffer as a result. You can see in the pics that the top of the ears are still soft. Is that normal for this age? Are we on track? How much longer should I expect to have to post?

·
Registered
990 Posts
You can see in the pics that the top of the ears are still soft. Is that normal for this age? Are we on track? How much longer should I expect to have to post?
Depends on the dog, and the crop, really. After teething, start leaving the posts off until you see one or both ears getting weak, then post again until they can be left out without folding. If the tips are weak but the rest of the ear is good, use breathe right strips on the tips to hold them in place, then you don't have to post the whole ear. I would keep the posts in through teething though. Make sure you post with the ears tipped out at about 10 and 2 to prevent pockets.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
he is a cutie!

ears a bit soft yet.

maybe another 6 weeks of taping..... just a guess. :)

Hugz to Rocco!

·
Registered
157 Posts
wow ...awesome looking puppy.. and beautiful head and ears..... that issue is definitly behind you... wow they stand right up there too..

·
Super Cute Holly
227 Posts
one woRD handsome! Congrats on such a gorgeous dog he is a cutie sorry i dont know nothing about ears. . But weight looks goods. . Coat looks great. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thank you for all of the replies. He is teething big time this weekend. We have been doing the frozen rag thing to help Him with the discomfort. Is there anything else that could help him during teething?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts