Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the canine blood donor program! Went last week for the screening, and today they called with the results. She has a universal blood type. Her Von Williebrand factor in 63. (hope I said that right) not much else was talked about over the phone. We go next Wednesday for the first donation.
Anyone else go thru this program? They said she will be mildly sedated. Is it ok to exercise her before?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I didn't know there's a canine blood donor program in place. I guess we don't have it in Japan. USA is advanced in this field. Also I didn't know universal blood type. I learned it today:thanx:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know there's a canine blood donor program in place. I guess we don't have it in Japan. USA is advanced in this field. Also I didn't know universal blood type. I learned it today:thanx:
I didn't think about it either. Last Aug/Sept I read a post on here with a comment to blood donation. ( I don't remember whose it was though ) Tried to look up info in my area thru Internet, but not successful. Then in Dec the local free pet flyer (Tails) had an article about it and the emergency clinic that did the service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts