Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
memories
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t been able to post this until now… My dear, sweet Sora passed away in January. I honestly didn’t know if I’d be able to overcome the sorrow. It was deep and insistent, and I didn’t realize just how big my bed was until she was gone.

She was and my friend and my service dog. I was lucky enough to get her because the original family she was sold to couldn’t handle her (at 12 weeks!) and she was sent back from out of state to her breeder, and then she came home with me at 14 weeks. She was an independent and confident dog who was so interested in the world at large! We went to countless training classes and she traveled almost everywhere with me, and eventually, she became the most balanced and centered dog I’ve ever had the pleasure to know. She was a great ambassador of the breed and had many, many friends in our community, and is dearly missed.

My family finally convinced me to begin looking for a puppy, not to replace Sora, but to fill the deep void in my life. After much searching I did find a puppy from a wonderful breeder! (I’ll start another thread later this week just for her.)
Dec 2014 6 by Patricia Garl, on Flickr
Sora sleeping on couch cropped in sun by Patricia Garl, on Flickr
Sora in Front of Fireplace by Patricia Garl, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
21,300 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Stone Hill

·
Registered
11,892 Posts
Nice elements of Sora's greatness, will live on in a new puppy ...as they never really leave us.
- they just take on a younger form

So SORRY, she had to go to Heaven...knowing she had the loving & full life, from 14 weeks young.
- she wished for the best family Life possible (after a shaky start), and Sora knew she got it (in spades)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts