Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had to let Oliver go today. He was 17 months old. As some of you know we have been dealing with fear from the beginning. Then we dealt with aggression to other dogs and strangers. Then last week the aggression turned towards us. It became apparent that we could not save him. There was something not wired right in his brain. I don’t know if he ever was happy like a dog should be, but we tried. Dr’s, trainers, behaviorist, you name it. It just became too dangerous to keep him. He would be fine one minute and then the next minute he was another dog. As I grieve, I think how awful for him to live his life, so anxious and afraid.
I will still be lurking and loving the pictures. We will get another, and it will be a rescue.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sam&MacksMom said it better than I ever could.

You did a very graceful and kind thing for him. I'm sure hes running free and happy at the bridge thanking you.

Thoughts and prayers your way.

·
of Ferret Rock
1,674 Posts
So sorry you're going through this. It's hard enough knowing when to let go when their ailments are physical; so much the harder when it's mental demons that plague them. *hugs*

Run free, Oliver.

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
I'm very sorry for your heartbreak and loss.

RIP Oliver

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I am so sorry. RIP Oliver. Prayers and thoughts to your family.

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. You did what you could and that should comfort you. Continue to visit here, I do and it's great therapy.

RIP beautiful Oliver

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I have had to make that choice once before. And it was the hardest thing in my life. Remember the good and some times the bad. My condolences

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
Sincere condolences. It's so hard to accept that there are some things we can't fix...especially when we put so much time and effort into it. I applaud the effort you made...and also the difficult decision of accepting that a fix was not possible.

run without demons Oliver, you were loved dearly.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts