Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My precious soul mate and best friend just fell over in his yard and died Sunday morning.

9 yr old, 85 lbs, and he just had complete physical the day before, always in excellent health. He went to work with me every day, was my "carjack" insurance, as I work urban areas at times, in and out of the car. We were attached at the hip.

You wait a lifetime for a dog like this.

I am so lost...

Attachments

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,409 Posts
Sorry for you loss of Kody. :(
Please post some more of your favorite pictures of Kody in this thread as a memorial to him.
At least be thankful for the 9 yrs. in loyal service to you and that Kody didn't suffer long before his sudden demise.

We've recently had both our Dobes pass and the way Kody went is preferable, from our experience.

Reactions: melbrod and LadyDi

·
Super Moderator
22,832 Posts
So very sorry for your loss.

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. It is always fresh again in my mind when I hear others losing their best friend. Dobermans will live in your heart forever.

·
Premium Member
Mocha
4,794 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am sorry for the loss of your best friend, and being such a great companion all these years. Take some comfort he did not suffer or linger... was quick. Unfortunately regular health check ups don't catch everything in the breed such as the dreaded DCM. He grew to have such a stoic look.

When and if you're ready we would more than welcome some stories and more pictures about your time together in Rainbow Bridge forum. One day I hope you might be ready for new adventures with a new best friend, although the new one will never fill that space... nor should he/she but find a new place in your heart you never even knew you had.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry for you loss of Kody. :(
Please post some more of your favorite pictures of Kody in this thread as a memorial to him.
At least be thankful for the 9 yrs. in loyal service to you and that Kody didn't suffer long before his sudden demise.

We've recently had both our Dobes pass and the way Kody went is preferable, from our experience.
Yeahh.....my daughter is in veterinary industry and she has stated this several times in the past few days. I have had small dogs decline and had to provide a lot of care in their final years...logistics of a large dog are completely different I am told...so this heartbreak is akin to just 'tearing off the band-aid' I'm afraid. I'm just frustrated in that 9 years didnt feel like enough before he was just ripped from me... :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
So sorry for your loss, Kody was a handsome boy. Take it one day at a time and look after yourself. I went through the same with my beloved Kaiser two years ago…but sadly I watched him decline rapidly over a couple weeks. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. (Note: this forum is a comforting place to grieve and talk with others who have experienced the same loss and pain). Hang in there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts