Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just gotten a old truck to help us out with all the yard work. So we thought lets take it down to the park. We just live two blocks away, so we loaded up in the back. Allie loved it. I was scared to death. At first she would not sit for me, then she just enjoyed the wind with her head up high. I sat the middle with my back to the cab, and boy on either side.
It has been awhile seen we have gone to the park, due to the weather. When we pulled up, she was like OH YES, I know this place, let's go. There is great walking path for us with a large open area in the middle to play. As soon as we began walking a couple with two small children (a boy and a girl so cute) walked onto the path. I never get to close to people I don't know, just because I am never sure of their feeling about big dogs. So we cut thru and the parents watched our every move. It hard to tell people "oh Allie loves children". My husband had the lead, that way he can make me jog a little too, which I know that is good for both Allie and I. But, boy do I feel old. After a couple of laps a group of teenager showed up. Allie was fine until one of them looked her straight to the eyes. I don't know, why but when people Allie does not know look straight at her, she gets very defensive. And of course was a guy there with small dogs, they began to bark and pull on leash at Allie. Allie at first want to go, then I said "No, this not a play date. Let's go." I loved it when she minds and doesn't think another thing about it. Needless to say after a mile and a half of walking and playing around at the park Allie was ready to go home. We loaded up in the truck and Allie laid right on top of me. Hold me mom. All in all we had a good time.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That sounds like a good time to me! I can't wait for spring so we can spend more time outside than a quick walk and/or potty break :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That does sound like a fun time. I am ready for some warm weather to play outside.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Oh yes roll on the warm weather and walks in the sun.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Sounds like fun was had by all. You know it's hard to get up and get out when winter is here. But once your out it's kinda nice and it always feels good afterwards. I just got back from a long walk in town with Jasmine, it's 3 degrees here today and sunny. Yeah!! the snow is melting. :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Such a well-behaved girl! Dont' you just love it when the OTHER dogs (their size or smaller) are the ones straining on their leashes barking to get closer and our Dobes either just barely acknowledge them with a turn of the head or ignore them altogether and keep walking?? Constantly amazes me how people will give Java and I plenty of room when we're waiting for lights to change - 9 times out of 10, she is doberleaning with her chin on my hip or just sitting quietly with her foot on mine! Not exactly a man-eater...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts