Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I just wanted to update you on our interview with DARE. We were interviewed and inspected (very nicely) by one of the volunteers. although his recommendation still has to go to the board for final approval, he said that we should breeze thru no problem and can be dog hunting by this coming weekend.

:clap2: :clap2: :dancing_b :part4: :huepfenic :huepfenic

What I like about this group is that once you are accepted, if you go visit a foster home and want the dog he goes home with you right then and there!!!! We do have two pretty big challenges in front of us tho. ONe, we have to wait till the weekend most likely, and two which one to chose? Right now there are at least five I could bring home with me. I asked about adopting more that one and he said unless it was a pair that had been together their whole lives, the only allow one at a time, there is also a 6 months adjustment period before they let you take another.

Needless to say this is going to be one of the longer weeks I will have had in a while.

hope you all have a nice warm weekend
cc

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I AM on pins and needles. I have spent so much time on the DARE website trying to dicide which ones I want to visit first. There are five that based on the site alone I could snatch up in a second.

alot of the fosters work with the dogs - not only on their issues (abuse, negclect etc.) but also on their training so we won't have a out of control maniac in the house. I am already checking in to the local training facilty to see what they have for classes - both group and individual. I don't want to stick a shy dobe in a big class right away if that's what we get.

in the meantime , give your dogs a big hug for me
cc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good luck, I am excited for you. I know you will fidn the right dog for you!

·
Registered
491 Posts
How exciting! I'm tellin' you, if I wasnt already dogged to the limit with big and little dogs, I'd be going there with you!!! Awww, it's so cool that you are going to rescue a Doberman that is in need. They are the sweetest ones, because they know that you are saving them! Good luck with whichever one you decide on!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I am soooo excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear more when you know!!! You are going to have the perfect doberkid for your home! Keep us updated!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Codysmom, I know exactly what you mean. It's so exciting. I actually scrubbed the house from top to bottom, cleaned the pool, manicured the yard...... Actually behaved like a crazed woman about to adopt a baby of the human species! I don't know what was going through my mind...."yes, I have an impeccably clean house, so can I adopt your dog please!" I don't think Jeddah's original owner even came inside.

Good luck with your search. How on earth are you going to get past the first dobe?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know just what you mean, I almost peed my pants waiting for the interviewer I was so nervous. My kids and hubby thought I had lost it. I just got a note from him and he has submitted his recommendation to the board that we be approved :dancing_b :pinkie: :dan2: :3dbiggrin so we just have to wait for the official letter.

there is one doberboy in particular that I hope is still available. He's a beautiful black and rust, cropped and docked. He is 5. he just has such a sweet face. and then there's Daisy, Sidney, Ringo, and Marcus......but i don't think I can take them all. nor do I think I can wait til Saturday!!!!

Just had to share with you guys, cuz I know you know EXACTLY how I feel.

bock to work
cc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts