Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adam,

You've got a problem!!! Your comment at the end of this e-mail is totally un-called for.

If you noticed we do not claim to have "Kings" or "Goliaths" and we do not mention much about Warlock. We have only one dog that has any Warlock breeding. We have seen pictures of some of these "Goliaths" and we agree they are very poorly bred and the breeder did not know what they were doing and we want no part of that type of dog.

Our dogs are Super Size and that does not make them a poorly bred oversize dog with Great Dane breeding as you implied.

Our dogs have the confirmation and balance that the standard Doberman has, we would not breed them any other way. They could very easily qualify for the AKC shows and do very well, if they they were smaller. How do we know this? The feedback we get from AKC Show Judges, people in the shows, veterinarians, owners of other Dobermans. We are not breeding crap as you have implied.

There is a demand for the larger Dobermans, they have been breed down too small, and many people are not happy about the smaller size. That does not make them a bad dog either, just one that is not preferred by many consumers.

We are fully aware of the rumors of the Dobermans being bred with Great Danes, are they just rumors or is it true? Have you heard the rumor about the problems with the refined show Dobermans? The rumor is that they have bred them so small with the narrow head that as they mature their brain explodes because their head is too small. Do you believe that rumor too?

Thanks for the history lesson on the "Kings", "Goliaths" and the "Warlock" Doberman, however, this does not apply to us, and what we are doing or breeding here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is a demand for the larger Dobermans, they have been breed down too small, and many people are not happy about the smaller size. That does not make them a bad dog either, just one that is not preferred by many consumers.



wow.................
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,350 Posts
dogs are to be bred according to the standard 28" max for males "warlocks" are sometimes mixed dobe/ dane. other times dogs that go against the standard (too tall in this case) are bred bad idea. dont breed a dog for what "people want", breed to further the dogs and conform to the breed standard (any reputable breeder knows this). and ch. titles say EVERYTHING and obedience/ other working titles are good too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
I guess what I thoroughly don't understand is the comment that our dobes (more or less the dobes today) are breed down to small???? They are breed to be what they were created to be by the maker.....speaking height-wise. It's people like this that are changing what they were bred to be.

I don't know, I'm just rambling trying to understand the attraction to a dog that doesn't even live as long or as healthy of a life..... But I guess in that lies the answer, lack of education.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,350 Posts
Lexus said:
I guess what I thoroughly don't understand is the comment that our dobes (more or less the dobes today) are breed down to small???? They are breed to be what they were created to be by the maker.....speaking height-wise. It's people like this that are changing what they were bred to be.

I don't know, I'm just rambling trying to understand the attraction to a dog that doesn't even live as long or as healthy of a life..... But I guess in that lies the answer, lack of education.
not rambling, i totally agree. dont breed what people want that just makes you (the breeder) a [email protected] i bet this person is breeding to make money too if one is breeding to what others want. weak :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
Oh you've got that pegged without a doubt.... the almighty dollar certainly plays a big role in their decisions, that's more than clear with their comments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
There is a demand for the larger Dobermans, they have been breed down too small, and many people are not happy about the smaller size. That does not make them a bad dog either, just one that is not preferred by many consumers.
So.... If there were a demand for Dobermans with spots, would they breed them as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
Look at the white dobermans.... A novelty that now unfortunetely has a demand in the market as some niave people will pay more money to get albino now over a standard color. Talk about against the standard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
Well, to be fair though, there can be a difference between albino "owners" and those who support the albino breeders.

Those who have an albino from a rescue situation to help the animal isn't to be discouraged in any way, or getting a finger pointed at them. You're right, It is those that support the breeding of these animals where the problem comes in. As with our late member Whiteandblue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
crxman321 said:
Adam,

You've got a problem!!! Your comment at the end of this e-mail is totally un-called for.

If you noticed we do not claim to have "Kings" or "Goliaths" and we do not mention much about Warlock. We have only one dog that has any Warlock breeding. We have seen pictures of some of these "Goliaths" and we agree they are very poorly bred and the breeder did not know what they were doing and we want no part of that type of dog.

Our dogs are Super Size and that does not make them a poorly bred oversize dog with Great Dane breeding as you implied.

Our dogs have the confirmation and balance that the standard Doberman has, we would not breed them any other way. They could very easily qualify for the AKC shows and do very well, if they they were smaller. How do we know this? The feedback we get from AKC Show Judges, people in the shows, veterinarians, owners of other Dobermans. We are not breeding crap as you have implied.

There is a demand for the larger Dobermans, they have been breed down too small, and many people are not happy about the smaller size. That does not make them a bad dog either, just one that is not preferred by many consumers.

We are fully aware of the rumors of the Dobermans being bred with Great Danes, are they just rumors or is it true? Have you heard the rumor about the problems with the refined show Dobermans? The rumor is that they have bred them so small with the narrow head that as they mature their brain explodes because their head is too small. Do you believe that rumor too?

Thanks for the history lesson on the "Kings", "Goliaths" and the "Warlock" Doberman, however, this does not apply to us, and what we are doing or breeding here.
I am confused. Do you breed <i>Super Sized</i> dobermans or are these comments from the link you posted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
Hi Molari, I think he must have never seen your question, so I'll answer for him.... This is the response from the supersize breeders when questioned about their ethics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Lexus said:
Hi Molari, I think he must have never seen your question, so I'll answer for him.... This is the response from the supersize breeders when questioned about their ethics.
Thanks, After I looked at both threads again I figured out what was going on. I must have been having a no brain day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
greenkouki said:
yea, i dont want to offend anyone as ive seen a few albino owners on here, but deng, if you want a doberman support REAL breeders.
I've been looking for a "real" breeder for a while. Can you recommend?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
15,350 Posts
check out the www.dpca.org site (more specifically the breeder referals). also read some books written by doberman breeders ie: joanna walker's "doberman pinscher brains and beauty" (dont trust what the internet tells you about good breeders) and don't get any pets out of the newspaper, if you are a qualified adoptee you can adopt from a doberman rescue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
crxman321 said:
There is a demand for the larger Dobermans, they have been breed down too small, and many people are not happy about the smaller size. That does not make them a bad dog either, just one that is not preferred by many consumers.



wow.................

exactly, this sums it up ^, THE CONSUMER WANTS. Well so if the consumer wanted a 100lb Chihuahua, do we mutate the damn things, if they arent happy how Dobes are, at their strandards and their called for weight and Height, shouldnt they find another dog, instead of alter it. I just cant say much more, because itd be a lot of typing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Lexus said:
Well, to be fair though, there can be a difference between albino "owners" and those who support the albino breeders.

Those who have an albino from a rescue situation to help the animal isn't to be discouraged in any way, or getting a finger pointed at them. You're right, It is those that support the breeding of these animals where the problem comes in. As with our late member Whiteandblue.

late member? She DIe?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top