Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my husband has decided on Prescott/Prescott Valley/Chino Valley Arizona to move. I am looking for Doberman friendly rentals. I have called so many people and nobody is willing to give Dorian a chance. Has anyone lived/live in the area and no a doberman friendly landlord?

·
Beam Me Up, Scotty
189 Posts
I'm not from your area, but when we were looking for a rental, I put together a portfolio of Gunnar. I know those crappy classes at the pet store don't really do much, but I had all of his certificates, his CGC award, and a few references. I presented it when they asked what breed of dog we owned. I even suggested them meeting him before making a final decision. About a week later a homeowner called us wanting to 'interview' Gunnar, and well, we've been in this home for about a year!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not from your area, but when we were looking for a rental, I put together a portfolio of Gunnar. I know those crappy classes at the pet store don't really do much, but I had all of his certificates, his CGC award, and a few references. I presented it when they asked what breed of dog we owned. I even suggested them meeting him before making a final decision. About a week later a homeowner called us wanting to 'interview' Gunnar, and well, we've been in this home for about a year!
That's a great idea, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
When you call these places don't tell them you have a doberman and ask if it's okay. Ask if pets are allowed and if there are any breed restrictions. You'll have better luck finding a detached home than an apartment that allows dobes also. I would be looking at homes owned and managed by private individuals rather than property managers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you call these places don't tell them you have a doberman and ask if it's okay. Ask if pets are allowed and if there are any breed restrictions. You'll have better luck finding a detached home than an apartment that allows dobes also. I would be looking at homes owned and managed by private individuals rather than property managers.
Yeah I'm looking for private individuals and I have been asking about breed restriction before the word doberman ever comes out :) Most places will say they don't have breed restriction but have weight limits. I did find a place that will allow dorian today now, I have to wait to see if the other interested parties fall through.

Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
My sister is a realtor in Phoenix, AZ. Realtors DO help with finding rentals! If you'd like, I can shoot you her contact information.

I second what GK said. Find a privately owned rental property.. craigslist might be a good place to look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts