Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll.... About a week ago i made halfposts out of qtips, backer rod and tape. They started at the base of his ear( just above the little nub). They have been working great but now I need to take them out because one of his ears is leaning forward and in more than I would like. My little buddy had a sore in the bell of his ear that was yellow and rubbed raw from his original postings so I had to do something while letting this heal. Well, I used torbots cement and they are in there pretty good. I was told and in doing extensive research that they should just come unglued by themselves in 2 or 3 weeks. I need to take them out now. Anyone have any experience with this?? I have unisolve and plan on just trying to work that in between his post and ear while he is resting. I have also heard goo gone or olive oil. I also taped the bottom of his ear and the tips to ensure they stay in. Im doing this today so any help would be appreciated. I dont want to rip out hair or god forbid skin..... I will go back to full posts right after this. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
double post

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I used skin bond and I would think they are similar. The unisolve should work just fine. If the cement is for use on skin, dont worry about it ripping skin as it wont do that. You might loose a few hairs, but they will grow back.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the double post idea:) Maybe just leave the half posts in and put a full post in on top of that and just tape the crap out of it so his ears will stay at 10 and 2> if thats what you meant:) It is for the skin and should be about the same. Ive heard that they discontinued skin bond, i looked for it on line and at medical supply stores with no luck finding it. Thank you for the help!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, that wasnt so bad... I got them out. You were right, a little hair but no skin. He didnt protest that much either. I got him while he was resting, now he is so happy to have them out. Only to put more in later:) Even tho this is my 3rd dobie with cropped ears.... I stress every second about his ears, how comfortable he is and making them stand. I cant wait till its over... again. I am such a baby when it comes to his ears:")

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Aaah, you are so nice/sweet. The double post comment was because I managed to post the same post twice, so I erased one, but you have to put something or it wont let you leave the screen. I wasnt telling you to double post his ears, sorry. Glad to know everything came out okay. I hate posting too. Maybe his ears will stand early.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts