Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
removing ear tape - UPDATE

I can't remember which post I read recently, someone asked if there was an easy way to remove the tape on the ears. I bought Detachol from the vet that cropped Suzy's ears. They said to just cut the tops and pour some in, wait a few and then the tape will slip off easy without removing any hair. Product bottle says you should not use on broken skin so ears would have to be completely healed. Also it contains petroleum - similar to vaseline I would imagine - so some people might not want to use. I have had problems with just using alcohol as tape does not want to come off that easy. I'll keep you posted as to how it worked after Saturday morning!

Here is the url from the bottle: www.detachol.com

I used this stuff on Saturday morning, WOW. WOrth every penny. Just a few snips off the tape on the top, I poured a little of the detachol on the inside of the tape - careful not to get on the inside of the ears - and a slight tug it just slipped off off leaving the hair intact.

I never thought of using baby oil like frznbuns suggested, probably could have saved a few bucks. :eek:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Doberlover this is completely off topic but for some reason I can't pm you. I just wanted to know what the crop is called for the doberman in your photo.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prettydobie,
Oh, sorry, I replied to you in the other thread, I thought you wanted pics of all of the crops that the vet does. My Alex pictured here has a medium show crop. If you look in my gallery at Roxy, she also has a medium show crop but for some reason her ears look shorter than his.....I think maybe he is leaner and longer and she is shorter and heavier, more like a Rottie than Dobie.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You did anwser my question in the other thread correctly its just I just saw the photo and out of all the crops I have seen I think I like that style the best. I never liked the really long show crops and I never liked the really short crops. LOL

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just looked at your photos. The dobie that you have a photo of whit the shirt in its mouth. Is that a long show crop or what ever?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
back to the tape removal-- I use babyoil to remove tape.. i put a few drops over the tape and it comes right off
good luck

Dobermans Rule!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prettydobie,
The Dobie with the shirt is the same dog in my avatar, it is a medium show crop. I think the angle the picture was taken makes it look longer. I agree about the long show crop, too long. My vet says it makes them look like jackasses :biggrin55

1 - 8 of 8 Posts