Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:goodnews: A while back I posted about this ear flopping over and there was some concern that her ear wouldn't stand. I was so worried about her ears and even considered leaving them natural. Well, this is what she looks like today at 18 weeks...

(queue the trumpets)

So far her ears have been posted for only 6 weeks and I took down the tape 7 days ago. Today they are still standing strong. My vet said that if they begin to 'wing' or come down in the slightest bit to bring her in to post but if not to leave them alone. Well it's only been 7 days since we removed the posts and hopefully we won't need another one but man they are looking beautiful. We are on standby and ready to post if she needs it though.

My vet was really happy with the ears and she said that her cartilage was pretty strong so maybe this will be the quickest post job I have had. All my past Dobes were posted for at least 3-6 months. I did mention to my vet that maybe we should keep them posted until she's done teething but she said if her ear leather is as strong as it is there is no need to but to keep a watchful eye. Well, she's the vet and she knows Dobes so I'll rely on her expertise.

Hope ya'll like my Princess. After my last Dobe passed away, Tawni, I didn't think another Dobe could catch my heart like she did but Princess is really becoming a big part of me. She has her obedience down pretty good now and she loves the kids. She is also protecting the back yard already with her big girl bark. What a blessing to have the opportunity to be given a second incredible Dobe like my Tawni who I still miss so much.
Thanx. :beer:

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
She is turning into such a lovely young lady - her ears look fantastic I hope they keep standing :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Wow Albert what a pretty pretty gitly girl you have there!!! She looks like a doll and the ears look great too!!!!

Liz

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
OOOOOOOH! La La!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Looks good - way to go! :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She is looking great!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx

Thank you all for the great replies. She makes me smile when I see her so she definitely is a big part of my life now. Sometimes I just sit and stare at her. I'll pass on the love to her and thanx again. I'll have some action shots soon hopefully to pass on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts