Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any reliable toys that i can give my 11 month old during the day when no one is home? She is at the stage where her goal with any toy, bone, whatever we give her, she just has to destroy it.

She has Nylabones but i want some alternatives. She gets through them pretty fast or gets bored with them. She doesn't chew on normal kongs (we put peanut butter in but once its gone the kong is forgotten about). Got her one of those treat balls that you push around and treats slowly fall out. She got tired of waiting for treats to fall out so she ate through the plastic and made another hole.

Orbie bones came highly recommended (rubbery, kinda squishy things) but she easily broke the end off.

I need something that she'll play with but is tough so i can leave it with her with no fear she's going to ingest massive amounts of plastic or rubber. Problem seems to be if its a chew toy and she doesn't really get anything off, she doesn't want it.

Toys which have been destroyed: nylabones, rope bones, rope toys, tennis balls, rubber balls, treat balls, Orbie bone, stuffed animals (her favourite things to disembowel) water bottles, 2 litre pop bottles, baseballs, a football, two basketballs, anything plastic, etc, etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't recommend any toys but if she destroys them as fast as you say I'd be concerned about her possibly choking on them if left unattended during the day.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have yet to find a toy that my doberkid cannot destroy. Maybe one day we'll find that miracle toy that can withstand Ava's wrath but til then she enjoys seperating everything into as many pieces as she can til I catch her and toss the toy. lol

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah the gorillas are guarenteed indestructible aren't they? They show them with a lion in the advertisements?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
If it's what i'm thinking of, it's the name for these indestructable balls. They are big ones though, Lexy never really got into playing with those. I bought her one that you get for horses, it had a handle on it. And she had no interest.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hmmm... When if she can't get her mouth around it, she won't be interested. lol Now if it has a handle, she might be..... I'm going to the pet store tomarrow, I'll have to see if they carry them. Buying her toys is like an addiction for me. I just love to see her face light up when she sees a new toy. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
No no no I'm not talking about the giant kong balls. There is a toy that is like a stuffed gorilla that makes gorilla noises. Trinity easily destroyed it but even though you can't tell what it is any more she still loves it. LOL i got it from petsmart. Another good toy is something called a jolly ball. They are rubber but hallow inside and have a small handle thing on top. i have a small on I will take a photo of and put it up here.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Ohhhh I see! That's the kind I got for Lex with the handle on it (the one in the pic) I couldn't remember what it was called!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I call it jolly ball because thats what it says on it but that doesn't always mean thats the name. I got it at petsmart when I worked there they should still have it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the suggestions!

Its so hard to find a toy that i can trust her with when she's home alone.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hmmm.... Well I went looking for the jolly ball or gorilla, whatever it's called :) and the store didn't have it. They did have a big hard plastic ball that was hollow with another ball inside that looked like she'd have fun with it but they were asking almost 30 dollars for the damn thing. I know if I spend that much on a toy she won't play with it so I grabbed a couple bully sticks and called it good. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Some local feed store in town here. I buy cat food there and can never leave without three things for Ava.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts