Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my boyfriend and I have been trying to come up with a good name to register Diesel with but we can't think of anything awesome. He came up with one but it had dobie in it and I wasn't sure you could have the breed in it so where better to turn then here!

So what are your suggestions?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Any particular themes or interests your looking for?

Kennel name being included? or no?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really. I'd like something German in it since he's a euro dobe but we just want a strong name. Kennel name not included.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hmmm, I cant think of any german ones but here a couple I had thought of already.
Oh and btw, you can have his name in their, the registered name can be even just diesel honestly, as long as it isnt already taken.

Mack Man Diesel

Mack Man Diesel Born To Haul

??? Hmm, I am just not very creative tonight. Poo, i'm usually so good at this! lol

p.s. gee did you see a truck theme? mack and all haha

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, I cant think of any german ones but here a couple I had thought of already.
Oh and btw, you can have his name in their, the registered name can be even just diesel honestly, as long as it isnt already taken.

Mack Man Diesel

Mack Man Diesel Born To Haul

??? Hmm, I am just not very creative tonight. Poo, i'm usually so good at this! lol

p.s. gee did you see a truck theme? mack and all haha
I like Mack man diesel born to haul haha my boyfriends was dobie diesel does it all haha I want him to have a cool name not just diesel.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I feel ya mabel is just Maybelline von Dynasty. Simple but so blah, thankfully i'll have a chance to make a cool one on the next breed I get to go with her and my future dobes.

Mack Man Diesel (Born) Of the Homeland

Mack Man Diesel Born to Succeed

Mack Man Diesel Failure Is Not An Option

Mack Man Diesel I Can't Fail

I Am Diesel Hear Me Roar (lol!)

Idk what it is but I like the mack man thing, it fits his name and the nice bone he's going to have.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahahahaha I am diesel hear me roar love it haha I like mabels name! I might just do Mack man diesel. I like the way it sounds.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
It sure seems like it would suit him, plus you know it's be so nice to say you'd come home and be like what's up mack man! haha.
And thanks, though I am bound and determined that at least call name wise I will get to name my next dog and it will! be a puppy darnit!
We haven't personally had a puppy in ages! and bringing the work ones home for weekends didn't help the puppy urge! accidents and all ;)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I think Mabel needs a friend ;)
Your preachin to the choir, unfortunately as I still live at home and am saving to leave plus I have a dog, cat, and rabbit. While my mom has one dog, and my dad has fish, I'm basically not allowed! haha
My plan is to be moved out and saved for a new one in the next 2 years.....if the anticipation doesnt kill me first! But maybe then I can get my fav puppy from last years babies assuming she turns out and titles well enough. :D
(the loud in a crate, wants to be so close she's practically inside you, sweet pink girl aka Naomi btw)

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
If Diesel is already taken, they'll just throw a Roman numeral on the end of it...that's how we ended up with Elka V, which I didn't know. When I worked for the CFA, we'd send people their registration back suggesting a longer name or something, not just change it on our own.

Other than that, I haven't come up with anything. What's the word for "Diesel" in German? ;)

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Hmmm, I love the film "Truth in 24", which is the story of how Audi went to win the 2008 24 hrs of le mans with a hard battle with Peugot--both with diesel engines. Audi had won for a while with their diesel technology, and it might be a cool name to play off of that somehow. Like Truth in... ect., something to do with audi (four rings of....?), or something to do with le mans.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Nothing runs like a Diesel! hehe

I love the Mack Man ones too.. cute! love the 'whats up mack man!'

·
Registered
939 Posts
Mack Man Diesel Built to Last
Mack Man Diesel Heavy Duty

I'm a little slow tonight.. but I'm tryin!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Blowing Black Smoke
(I love doing that in my diesel truck!)

Do you happen to have an affinity to one specific brand of diesel engine? I am a Dodge girl so they use a Cummins engine. Chevy uses Duramax and Ford uses Powerstroke. Maybe use one of those? Is that allowed? (I dunno what the naming rules are)

I'm still working on my first cup of coffee so that's about all my brain can function to come up with right now... haha

Do you want the name to have something to do with Diesel or? What are his parents names? I am pretty good at coming up with names for horses based on parents names. Usually in horses you want the name to relate back to the parents so that you know where the horse came from. My friend works on a breeding farm and she always asks me for help :) (I know this is a dog not a horse, but still...)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blowing Black Smoke
(I love doing that in my diesel truck!)

Do you happen to have an affinity to one specific brand of diesel engine? I am a Dodge girl so they use a Cummins engine. Chevy uses Duramax and Ford uses Powerstroke. Maybe use one of those? Is that allowed? (I dunno what the naming rules are)

I'm still working on my first cup of coffee so that's about all my brain can function to come up with right now... haha

Do you want the name to have something to do with Diesel or? What are his parents names? I am pretty good at coming up with names for horses based on parents names. Usually in horses you want the name to relate back to the parents so that you know where the horse came from. My friend works on a breeding farm and she always asks me for help :) (I know this is a dog not a horse, but still...)

I like the idea of basing it off of a diesel truck? I never thought of that. I don't have a preference of trucks.

His dads name is lobster and his moms name is jayden. Id like his name to somehow be part of it. Let's stick with the truck theme and see what we come up with!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm, I love the film "Truth in 24", which is the story of how Audi went to win the 2008 24 hrs of le mans with a hard battle with Peugot--both with diesel engines. Audi had won for a while with their diesel technology, and it might be a cool name to play off of that somehow. Like Truth in... ect., something to do with audi (four rings of....?), or something to do with le mans.
I'll check out the movie and see what I can find :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts