·
Premium Member
11,160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,776 Posts
Bug always has male dogs--I don't know if she knows how to call a dog "her" LOL

One of my girls was called Katana (a type of Japanese sword) I don't typically name my dogs after weapons, but it worked for her. She was my most vigilant (euphemism for suspicious) dobe.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,154 Posts
I know her name is weird for a girl dog but so wanted something tough 😅
Ha ha... Leo, the bitch with the boy's name.... Although in her case, it's short for Leontine.

Reactions: melbrod and dobebug

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ooops--'scuse me--her--I think Melbrod's right--it's all those years of male dogs (but I have a friend who always refers to all dogs as him and all cats as her--causes my often female cats to come and complain...)

dobebug/ABTLH
😄 I automatically call any dog a boy until I see the undercarriage. The “boy” Dobie down the street is actually a girl but I just can’t stop calling it a boy bc I have for so many years lol

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,229 Posts
I posted this over on the Chicken Thread of our puppy Neo, a week shy of 7 mos., starting to get a big Dober body, but still has has puppy brain.
He's got the home protection instinct down pat however, putting on a good show when dad's working in garage, behind him.

Puppy Neo "On The Clock"
(as Regal as possible)

Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Tree

Neo "Practicing" to Relax "Off the Clock"

(Have to train him to sit on sofa for more than 5-minutes without jumping up)

Dog Furniture Window Dog breed Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,776 Posts
It's hard to believe he's so big already. Very handsome young man.

And you have a beautiful girl, TS. I'm sure I'm supposed to know her name, but I can't remember. Could you repeat it?

·
Premium Member
11,160 Posts
Oh no! Top Skipper you took down that ever so charming picture of your girl being silly--I didn't mean for you to do that at all. I just thought that the contrast between the two pictures was so typical of Dobes who can be the stunning stars one moment and the incredible idiot (but irresistibly cute) puppy's in the next.

Please, please bring it back...

dobebug (who clearly needs to think before she posts some of things she writes...)

·
Premium Member
11,160 Posts
YAY!
Thank you TS--I really like this trio of shots--two of a very regal ("as in "her majesty the queen"")pictures with the goofy dobe guuurl sandwiched neatly in between the two very regal shots...

<VBG>

dobebug

21 - 40 of 43 Posts